Backup Assistant Error Code 25
angelseed01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using a Samsung Stratosphere.  Recently I have been unable to sync my contacts on Backup Assistant.  I constantly get Error Code 25, Failed to Sync.  Any help?  I did try to Clear Data in the Manage Applications screen but it didn't help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant Error Code 25
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

angelseed01, thanks for posting? Are you still having the error message with Backup Assistant? Have you tried this: http://bit.ly/ZYePAm and retested?^SP

0 Likes
angelseed01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I am still having the problem.  I did attempt to put the phone into safe mode a couple of times but the phone will not stay in safe mode.  The phone powers on and it says "safe mode" on the screen, but as soon as I press a button or attempt to do anything the screen goes black and then comes back on after a couple seconds and the "safe mode" message is gone.

0 Likes
mickiesta

I am having the same problem since March. I get an error message:

Sync service failed.

Failed to read data from Android Contacts Provider

I called Verizon on Saturday and spoke with a couple very nice reps who tried all sorts of possible solutions to the problem, but none worked. One of the Customer Service Reps said they would call me back within 24 hours with a solution. I have yet to hear anything.  I looked on Verizon's webpage and it says that the Stratosphere is not compatible with Backup Assistant - which is a huge problem!  I tried to backup using the cloud but it does not let me backup contacts. It will back up pictures, music, videos etc... but NOT contacts.

Please let me know what I need to do.

I am also having problems with charging the battery and the phone locking up occasionally. I have to take the battery out to get the phone to do anything.

0 Likes