Insufficient Memory Problem - Pantech Breakout
skeetergirl00

I have the Pantech breakout, I have had the problem of insufficient memory quite often so I am accustomed to clearing cache and things like that. Normally once my phone shows 35MB avail the icon clears and the phone resumes functioning properly. I have cleared cache and even resorted to deleted apps and freed it up to 42 MB avail yet the icon remains and am having problems with functionality. The LAST thing I want to do is a reboot, it is so time consuming to restore everything and deal with the loss of data. The only thing I can figure is it is affected by the update. Is there a fix for this? P.S. I always love when places "fix" things that aren't broken and break them!

<Branched to a new discussion for more exposure and moved to the Android space.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Insufficient Memory Problem After Gingerbread Update
rkymtnskyr
Enthusiast - Level 3

This might sound nuts, but have you tried turning off your phone?  In doing so, it frees up memory by clearing off excess data.  Along with clearing out cache, cookies etc, I turn mine off once a week just for a few minutes, for this reason.  Works wonders! 

0 Likes
Re: Insufficient Memory Problem - Pantech Breakout
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly want you to use and enjoy the features of your device! Is the error message still there? What size memory card are you using? Like @rkymtnskyr suggests, powering the device off and on can clear memory from the device. Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
skeetergirl00
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your reply to this discussion on the Verizon Wireless Community Forum was blank. Please try a different method of posting your message.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
skeetergirl00

I ended up doing a factory reboot which cause problems with google play and support ended up replacing my device. It was not the card that was the problem its the internal phone memory. The problem got worse sure to the most recent upgrade causing me to have to do a factory reboot.

0 Likes