Sync errors with email accounts?
likwidrain
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 2 email accounts set up on my phone, both have been working fine, until today.  For some reason, neither account is "synced" anymore.  My phone is telling me there is a sync error and I have to re-validate my accounts.  Ok, no problem.  So I try to enter my user name and password, but it keeps telling me that "the password and username you entered did not authenticate with your email provider.  Please try again."  I know my username and pw are correct.  I haven't had any issues logging on to my emails from my computer.  I keep trying but no success.  I'm getting annoyed, as like many of you, my phone is my primary means for communication.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, specifically beginning today?  I didn't see any update notices show up, so I'm not sure what happened.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Sync errors with email accounts?
likwidrain
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried to remove my email accounts from my phone, but no luck either.  The phone is telling me" an error has occured. The operation could not be completed." It then jumps back to the above and wants me to re-validate my information.

rsally
Enthusiast - Level 2

SAME EXACT PROBLEM HERE!!  Started today..... very annoying!!  Anyone have a fix??

laughinggod
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep yep, just got my phone today...all my contracts ported over just fine but don't have a clue why I can't get email.  Don't know if it's because I'm old and still use AOL.  I also tried removing the account, but get that "can't complete this action" message.  Kind of a bummer when you drop a few bills on a new phone and I can't even check email.

0 Likes
Bob-Gilbert
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have the same issues.  Started as early as the 28th.  Cannot delete email acct or authenticate passwords for email with AOL or Live or Gmail. Clearly appears to be a problem with Verizon or with the Razor.  What does Verizon have to say?

0 Likes
mikerdude

I have the same issues. Same messages stuck in a loop about not being ablt to remove accout, "an error has occured", asking me to re-validate but password doesn't work even though I know it is correct.

I also tried logging into my verizonwireless.com account and then changing my "Profile" email address to myusername@yahoo.com and then waited to receive confirmation email at yahoo. I received that email so I then went back to verizonwireless.com and changed my "Profile" email address to myusername@aol.com. I changed it to my aol.com email account on Friday but I'm still waiting from the confirmation email from verizonwireless to my aol.com account - still have not received it. I expect that once I receive the confirmation email I can then click on the confirmation link and then try to re-sync my Droid with verizon.

I was able to create a 2nd email account on the Other section.

0 Likes
marellou

Same problems here. This is my first smartphone, so I do not have a clue about how to fix the problem. I have not been able to consistently get my Hotmail account to sync since I got the phone a few days ago. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I am prompted to enter my password and then it tells me it is an "incorrect password". What the heck?! I have had the same password since I originally entered it on this phone. Very frustrating as Hotmail is my primary e-mail account!

The Gmail account seems to be working okay. I just sent myself a test e-mail from Hotmail via my laptop and it came through right away on the phone.

Please advise.

0 Likes
mikerdude

I'm calling Verizon Wireless at

800-922-0204

Their message system said to call back from a different phone number - I did that and I'm in wait mode now. I'll let you know how it turns out.

0 Likes
ncysorensen

I have the same issue with my Gmail Account, which started yesterday. I am going to visit the Verizon store today.

0 Likes
mikerdude

I'm on the phone with tech support now. Getting the usual scripted Q&A. Now going to next support tier.

0 Likes