9 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2013 7:57 AM by dhamway RSS

Jelly Bean update - phone stuck on 4G LTE screen!!!

srowan08

Just downloaded and installed the Jelly Bean update on my S3...

Went through the green android robot loading screen just fine (assumed that the download had completed), and my phone restarted afterwards. However, it had been on the 4G LTE screen (with the circle of colors flashing) for about a half hour. I decided to take the battery out and restart my phone and it is stuck on the same screen AGAIN.

HELP!!!!! What should I do to fix this?

• 1. Re: Jelly Bean update - phone stuck on 4G LTE screen!!!
          Beerguy

I wish I could help with your question. I updated my Galaxy SIII on 12/14 and didn't have an issue with the restart, however I have had issues with my text message notification sounds. For some reason, the notification tone with only play part of the tone, and sometimes just vibration with no tone. Anyone else having issues with the update?

• 2. Re: Jelly Bean update - phone stuck on 4G LTE screen!!!
            Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Hello all!

I was just checking in to see if anyone was still having problems with the update. Please reach out to us if you are having any problems. Thanks!

MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

• 3. Re: Jelly Bean update - phone stuck on 4G LTE screen!!!
              purduejatt

do you have a solution to this problem? My phone just got stuck on 4G LTE Screen and refuses to go any further. I tried restarting it, left the battery out for 30 minutes, but  no solution.

Please let me know what is going on?

Thank You

• 4. Re: Jelly Bean update - phone stuck on 4G LTE screen!!!
                Dorkmaster

I hate to say this, I think my Razr M took over an hour for the upgrade, the file alone is 600 meg. and it seems it took like another 45 mins after the download for it to completely install it.

You guys might be shutting it off before it was/is done.

• 5. Re: Jelly Bean update - phone stuck on 4G LTE screen!!!
                  kpeterson22

Same issue called samsung they said not there problem and verzion said factory reset which didnt work nor will they replace the phone and nor is is jail broken so *** is the issue with the updat that came thru yesterday and rebooted phone and stuck at the LTE screen

• 6. Re: Jelly Bean update - phone stuck on 4G LTE screen!!!
                    purduejatt

I did master reset  and it worked for me.

On Mar 29, 2013 11:03 AM, "kpeterson22" <community@verizonwireless.com>

• 7. Re: Jelly Bean update - phone stuck on 4G LTE screen!!!
                      Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Happy Saturday,

I just wanted to touch bases with you purduejatt. It's been a few days since you installed the Jelly Bean update and I am interested in your thoughts on the performance of your device. If you are having any issues that you haven't previously mentioned then now is a great time to get some attention on them. If you can be so kind as to share the details in a reply then that would be great.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
                      VZWSupport
                      Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

• 8. Re: Jelly Bean update - phone stuck on 4G LTE screen!!!
                        Oatmeal2348

I am having the same problem right now ...

This is my second time.  It's frustrating because I have to re-download all my apps (half of which I have forgotten I even had) and have to start from square one on a lot of games. 

I'm going to reboot again ... if it happens a 3rd time I'm going to take advantage of the 'extra protection' I've been paying for and get a new handset!

• 9. Re: Jelly Bean update - phone stuck on 4G LTE screen!!!
                          dhamway

ArnettH_VZW,

Did you all figure this out? This has happened to me at least 10 times in the past 2 months. I just got this phone in March of 2013. I hate waking up and finding my phone at the 4gLTE screen!!!  Here is what I have been doing to troubleshoot it:

1.) Bought a new SanDisc 32GB card which they said will now be compatible with this phone. I haven't received the card yet and the phone still crashed so that is not the issue.

2.) Bought a new battery. It still locked up.

3.) Had Verizon give me a new Sim card. It still locked up.

4.) Used the phone without the memory card. It still locked up.

5.) Wiped the phone and only put Facebook & LinkedIn on the phone. It still locked up.

6.) Called Verizon and complained 3 times, each time I got a new phone (they were very accommodating). It's not the phone. It still locked up.

My wife has the EXACT same phone. We got it on the same day. Her's works fine. I really just don't get this. I have done everything possible to my knowledge and still the phone locks up. I have not rooted or messed with any of the developer options on the phone.

How does a phone randomly lock up on the 4G LTE screen when the phone has NOTHING on it! It's very hard to troubleshoot when the phone does this on it's own with no user action. Verizon doesn't even know how this is happening?

Could this be my gmail account? Could it be the auto-backup on the phone? I REALLY don't get it!

Any new thoughts on this????? No one can help me!