Starting a few days ago my wife has been unable to connect to the Road Runner email server to access her email. We've tried deleting the account and adding it back with no success. All the account info. is correct and no changes were made to the phone before it stopped working. I even tried to add my Road Runner email to my Charge and got the same result. Anyone else experiencing this problem? Anyone have a solution?
Have you checked with Road Runner to ensure nothing was changed at their end (like port settings)?
I would think that any such change would also affect email on my PC as well
and that hasn't been the case.
Not necessarily; e-mail settings for phones are not always the same settings for PCs
In most cases email settings are different on mobile devices than a PC
All settings including ports and security are through same on the phone and
That should say "the same", autocorrect I didn't catch.
Thanks for the link but all this information is already in there except for the word mobile in front of the smtp server name. Adding it made no difference. Still get the message: "Setup could not finish Cannot connect to server"
I can access email with both my Nexus 7 tablet and my wife's Kindle Fire but both Charges are still a no go.