iPhone 4 not displaying calls on call waiting or giving an option to answer
DariensMom

I have the iPhone 4 8G and reciently noticed that when receiving a call on call waiting, I can hear the tone to let you know the call is coming in but nothing displays to either ignore, answer or show who is calling. It's like the call isn't even there. Only after ending the current call will the call come through like normal and I am able to see who it is and answer it normally.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Twice today I had two incoming calls on call waiting and was unable to answer or see the call unless I hung up my other call and both were important business related calls.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4 not displaying calls on call waiting or giving an option to answer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there DariensMom! Thanks for bringing this matter to the Forums. I hadn't heard about this happening so I went and tried it to see if I could duplicate your concerns. I'm not seeing a malfunction in the iPhone 4, but I do see a chance of what might be causing yours to behave that way. Please close any open applications and perform "Reset Network Settings" and then try your Call Waiting again.

Dion M.
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Gissle427

I am having the same issue why do I have to reset my phone for this to work out when it use to work

0 Likes
dhowie

My daughter and I are both having the same issue.  We can't find how to answer  a call waiting call - the call does not display and after we hang up the original call the call waiting caller is still not displayed so the call cannot  be returned.  Also If I reset my phone won't I lose all the info I have put in my calendar?  They reset this once at the Verizon store and I lost all my calendar entries.  Scary.  How can we get this service to work?  We purchased these phones recently mine in Dec.  hers in Jan. and the call waiting feature has never worked.?????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Dhowie!

Oh no! Its important to know the identity of the person that is calling you at all times. Let's get this fixed! From the Home screen choose Settings > Phone > Call Waiting>turn Call Waiting off>turn Call Waiting back on. When a call comes in make sure you are following the these directions to answer the call http://bit.ly/Zwo8h . Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ajschoening
Enthusiast - Level 1

Pamela, I am having the same trouble with my iPhone 4 and it seems to have started when I upgraded to the latest IOS. After reading your reply to Dhowie, I checked and my iPhone does not have the Call Waiting option on my Settings > Phone > screen.  Can you help? 

dhowie

call verizon technical support. For some reason it wasn't programmed correctly when I purchased it so she reprogramed it and now it works fine. There is no talk to text on the iPhone 4 though which I am disappointed in. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
rumgirl

I am having this same problem.  I called tech support they made it so I can hear the beep while on another call however, it does not display who is calling and whether I wish to answer or decline the call.   in my phone settings there is no call waiting displayed.   Also now for a new incoming call I have lost the ability to answer or decline the call.  Please help I would like to take advantage of all the features offered with this phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello RumGirl
I'm sorry to hear your not getting this feature. Please reach out to me via a private message. I will review your account and get this resolved!

Thank you

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
diverdowncasper

I find the last few days I have the same problem on my Iphone 4s, I can hear the call beep coming in but nothing on the screen,,, has any one found a fix?

I have tried the *228, and the power off/on thing and the settings> phone> and there is no call waiting thing in that part at all...

0 Likes