How much is the Galaxy Note II rebate?
Kidster3001
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been wanting a large form factor phone for several years.  Last year Samsung marketed the Galaxy Note.  It was the device I had always wanted.  It never became available on Verizon and I need Verizon because no one else has coverage in some of the places I travel and visit.  I was very excited when the Galaxy Note II was announced on Verizon.  I pre-ordered the first morning it was available.  It was promised you would get it by "11-27".  I patiently waited.  I checked the pre-order site many times to see if anything had changed, it never changed.  11-27 came and went, no phone delivered.  My account was charged Monday.  Why would Verizon take action the day before it promised delivery?  I don't care when they are available in stores, I was promised 11-27.

I am curious about the amount of money I will get back due to Verizon's incompetence in this matter.  I mean, it took them a month longer than everyone else to get them out already.  We've been patiently waiting.  Now we get one more poke in the ribs.

Some possibilities:

1. I get the phone for free.

2. I get a significant discount since I've been on Verizon for 10 years and purchased several phones through them.

3. I get some worthless store credit enticing me to give Verizon more money.

4. I get the run-around about "Online web sites are not guarantees.  We could lie about anything online and we are not liable for it.  However, when you click things in our store you are liable and must comply with what was printed there."

5. I get completely ignored when I contact customer service.

6. I am told to go take a flying leap off a cliff.  Take it or leave it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How much is the Galaxy Note II rebate?
ffx2
Contributor - Level 2

no what you were promised was that it would "ship by 11/27" which it did.

no rebate for you .

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Actually Verizon promised it would "ship by 11-27" which many have taken to mean they would receive it by 11-27.

Verizon DID start shipping on 11-27. You do not deserve any type of compensation.

0 Likes
ffx2
Contributor - Level 2

These people r amazing. apparently it will never end.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

ffx2 wrote:

apparently it will never end.

next up will be the threads about how the OS isn't getting updated in a timely manner ("as promised")

quahtrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was promised 11/27 too.

On 11/28 I called Verizon to complain that my phone hadn't arrived yet.

They apologized and said that they had made a mistake, and that they meant "shipped on" 11/27, not received on 11/27.

I asked them what sort of compensation they could offer, and he said that they were so sorry that they would not only give me the one I ordered for free, but that they would also send me a second one for free just for my trouble.

Now that's great customer service!

0 Likes
ffx2
Contributor - Level 2

stop the BS, the website has always said "SHIP BY 11/27"

0 Likes
ffx2
Contributor - Level 2

I can't wait to read the threads complaining about the phone being "too big" or "too thin"

0 Likes
quahtrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

ffx2 wrote:

stop the **, the website has always said "SHIP BY 11/27"

Yes, I realize that - but it really wasn't clear.  Ship from where?  To where?

I understood that to mean ship to me by 11/27. 

They should be clearer - it's not a huge deal, but I'm happy with my two free phones due to the miscommunication.

0 Likes
ffx2
Contributor - Level 2

wishful thinking!

0 Likes