8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2013 4:08 AM by knumbers RSS

Network Extender SYS light blinking

CrazyEddieX

Hello,

I have an older Network Extender (voice + 1x support) that has been working for several months without issue. A few days ago, I noticed the SYS light started blinking red and it would not support any calls.

I have tried unplugging the network extender and plugging it back in, also tried unplugging the router and plugging it back in as well. The network extender shows a blue PWR and WAN light, a red GPS light, and a fast blinking red SYS light. I have waited overnight for it to connect up and acquire a signal. The SYS light just keeps fast blinking red.

What can I do to get the network extender working again?

• 1. Re: Network Extender SYS light blinking
          Verizon Wireless Customer Support

CrazyEddieX, thanks for posting. Are you still having issues with your network extender? What is the exact make and model of your network extender? You can get more support here:http://bit.ly/UftP90 ^SP

• 2. Re: Network Extender SYS light blinking
            CrazyEddieX

Yes, I am still having problems with my Network Extender. It is a model SCS-26UC4 from Samsung. I have tried the troubleshooting steps, including reconfiguring my router, and it has not had any affect.

• 3. Re: Network Extender SYS light blinking
              BillyPilgrim

I'm having the same issue. The problem began a couple days ago and seems to happen most often at night. It takes several power cycles for the SYS light to switch off from blinking red rapidly to going blue and the GPS light to go blue again.

I have the 1X model, have used it for about 6 months. It worked great until just the past few days. It's the same model number as CrazyEddieX - Samsung SCS-26U4.

I've placed the device in different locations, checked all connections, and checked flow to the router. It's fine. Something else is wrong.

• 4. Re: Network Extender SYS light blinking

Hey CrazyEddieX!

Since you invested in a network extender, we want to make sure that it's working great for you! So you are not connecting to the network extender at all, correct? And your internet on your computer is working fine, correct? Did you recently add anything to your home (new electronics ect)? Have you also updated your router or computer lately that may have caused the device to not retain a signal? Please let me know of your zip code as well so I can look into things.

Thanks!
                MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

• 5. Re: Network Extender SYS light blinking
                  CrazyEddieX

Hi,

I am not able to connect to the extender at all. It shows a flashing red SYS light all the time.

The internet is working just fine for my computer, laptop, etc. I have no added any major electronics or changed the internet settings (router, sttings, etc). I am in 95124.

• 6. Re: Network Extender SYS light blinking
                    Toldtoleaveverizon

Just bought my network extender.Seems that I too am having the same problem system light blinking red all the time and antenna is outside but no dice on service .Boy verizion is really striking out with me. And yes internet is working fine ,no new computer or phones or anything. Begining to think , might need to rethink this thing since it is not cheap. Any help out there?

• 7. Re: Network Extender SYS light blinking

Hello CrazyEddieX,

Thanks for the detailed information! I know the importance of ensuring your network extender is working correctly! I appreciate you providing your zip code! Everything in your area looks good so let's focus on the extender, itself. Here are a couple of helpful links to assist in troubleshooting. This link will explain the meaning of the lights and connections to ensure set up is correct http://bit.ly/11dOi77. Here's another to assist with network registration and requirements for the best signal options http://bit.ly/11dOi77. I trust this information will prove successful. Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
                      TanishaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

• 8. Re: Network Extender SYS light blinking
                        knumbers

I had the same issue with the SYS light blinking and here is what I did to resolve it:

- Ensure your IPSec (VPN) passthrough is enabled on your router.

- Verify your Quality of Service (QoS) is enabled on your router and set for the networkextender.

- Enable single port forwarding to the extenders static ip address for the following ports:

• 4500 UDP
                        • 500 UDP
                        • 53 TCP / UDP
                        • 52428 TCP / UDP

Screen Shot 2013-08-12 at 7.03.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-08-12 at 7.03.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-08-12 at 7.04.02 AM.png