1 2 3 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2013 2:05 PM by RetiredSenior66 Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Disability and Employee Discounts

scrossan2000

<< Moved from previous discussion for better exposure >>

I was getting employer discounts as long as I worked.  But as soon as I was placed on social security disability, I lost my discount.  Now when I need it the most, I am not allowed a discount any longer.  It took me 3 months to get a "Ohio Golden Buckeye" card.  The State of Ohio does not give a card to anyone till they thoroughly check out the disability or retirement papers.  Then after carefully making sure it is all legitimate, then they send the "Golden Buckeye Card" to the recipient.  I also qualify for the AARP card.  Verizon should be honoring a 10% discount to customers that are qualified members of AARP or a social security program.  When I worked I got about 15%.  Now my income has significantly dropped.  Could someone from Verizon call me back PLEASE. 

Thank You

<< Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator >>

• 1. Re: Disability and Employee Discounts
          msturgis

Employee discount is just that - for employees. The discounts are negotiated with the employer and reserved only for the employees of a particular business.

Do you happen to be an armed forces veteran? If you are, you will receive 15% discount on some parts of your bill.

• 2. Re: Disability and Employee Discounts
            rcschnoor

As to you not receiving an employee discount when you are no longer an employee, that is pretty self explanatory.

Does AARP advertise a discount for members? If not, it would be on AARP to try and establish a discount if they wanted.

If you need a discount, you could always try Verizon's senior citizen discount if you are eligible. See HERE.

• 3. Re: Disability and Employee Discounts
              scrossan2000

Well, my adult son has worked 10 years for his employer and he was getting the employee discount with Verizon.  It should be given back.  I changed my plan in June and that is when we lost it.  However, my complaint is that there should be a senior discount that also includes disability/low income.  10% discount

<< Duplicate posts removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service  >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

• 4. Re: Disability and Employee Discounts
                rcschnoor

There IS a senior plan(65+ plan see here:http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/plan-information/?page=65Plus) which IS a discounted plan.

If low income/disability is a problem with the prices Verizon charges, maybe a pre-paid plan would be better suited.

• 5. Re: Disability and Employee Discounts
                  mdram4x4

low income has its own phone system

assurance wireless aka obama phone

paid for by tax dollars

• 6. Re: Disability and Employee Discounts
                    mrpearsoy

I agree with rcschnoor. You most likely lost the discount because your company no longer has a discount with verizon, not because someone told them you are on SSI. That just doesnt happen. And when you make a plan change and the company no longer has a relationship with VZW, the discount falls off. Perhaps prepay WILL be better for you.

S/N - Why do the disabled/seniors think they are "ENTITLED" to reduced everything?

• 7. Re: Disability and Employee Discounts
                      scrossan2000

I have been with Verizon since 1995, when you were called Cellular One and then Air Touch.  Then you

became Verizon.  Then I left in 2004 for Alltel for 6 years.  Now I am back because you bought Alltel. 

So I have been a customer for over 17 years. 

Now you want me to leave and get a prepaid phone.  I will talk with the Administrative Offices at Verizon.

Sandra >Full name removed<

>

• 8. Re: Disability and Employee Discounts
                        mrpearsoy

scrossan2000 wrote:

I have been with Verizon since 1995, when you were called Cellular One and then Air Touch.  Then you

became Verizon.  Then I left in 2004 for Alltel for 6 years.  Now I am back because you bought Alltel. 

So I have been a customer for over 17 years. 

Now you want me to leave and get a prepaid phone.  I will talk with the Administrative Offices at Verizon.

Sandra >Full name removed<

>

Correction, 11 years. What do you think that the admin offices are going to do? Create a discount just because you called? You have service based upon your budget and needs and it seems VZW no longer can fill that need for you. So its time for you to explore cheaper alternatives, not call an admin office. That will get you nowhere.

Ah...the sense of "entitlement"!

1 2 3 Previous Next