Call waiting issue
bobbechler

Using the iPhone 4S on Verizon and suddenly Call Waiting is working differently, I hear the tone indicating another caller but I don't see the inbound caller ID and am no longer presented with the option to Swap calls. Anyone know what's going on here?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Call waiting issue
AngelaP

I am having the same trouble and it is driving me crazy.  Can anyone out there help in this matter?  Thanks much Smiley Happy

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I think I asked someone else this but I'm not sure if they answered...are you sure it's an incoming call and not an alert for something else? May seem like a patronizing question but I'm really just trying to eliminate any possibilities. Otherwise...you might need to contact VZW on this issue. No mention of this issue occurring to the iPhone 4s user on my account (I currently have the iPhone 5 and haven't had the issue). Might want to check the Apple.com support forums to see if there are any users also having the same issue...and any suggestions on how to fix it.

0 Likes
AngelaP

Hi,

Thank you for your email. But no it is not an alert sound. It definitely

is a incoming sound. I did however turn off my phone for the 10th time, so

to say, and that seemed to fix the problem. I now have the option of

answering a second incoming call. So what ever the problem was that day,

it is now fixed.

Thank you for your help, have a great weekend.

Angie Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just an FYI, the "email" you received was actually a notification of a new reply in the discussion you responded on the Verizon Wireless Community Forum. Your reply via email was also posted on the same public forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ermalvo

I am having the same issue. I have called Verizon several times about it.

Some things done: a. Reset Network Settings b. call *228 to register on the network, c. hard reset and took phone back to like it was out of the box, d. a soft reset that erased all settings.

All fixed the problem temporarily, but the problem occurred again.  My next choice is to replace the phone thru my insurance plan or get the iPhone 5 (which I don't have the money for). I really hope Apple addresses this issue soon.

0 Likes
Aeroscout

Same problem here.  Have tried

1. Hard and Soft Resets of phone.

2. *228 option 1 and option 2

3. Reset network settings

0 Likes
tmborn

I am having the same problem. Any answers yet?

0 Likes
frmrswife

I'm having the same problem. Sure wish I knew how to fix it!

0 Likes
spot1180

I am also having the same problem!

0 Likes