How to block UNKNOWN or RESTRICTED calls?
austill87

How to block UNKNOWN or RESTRICTED calls on my IPhone 4s?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to block UNKNOWN or RESTRICTED calls?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi austill87,

No one likes those annoying restricted calls. Let me enlighten you on how to stop those calls once and for all. By adding the Usage Control feature on your line, you will be given the capability of blocking restricted, unknown or blocked numbers. Here is how you can add the feature www.verizonwireless.com/usagecontrols

Thanks,
NidiaA_VZW

View solution in original post

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You might need to the $4.99/month usage controls feature to your account. Check the website or contact VZW to see if that feature covers blocking unknown or restricted calls to be sure.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

There may also be an option to only allow calls from contacts through.  And you might check out various apps that allow you to deal with restricted or blocked calls in various ways.

You Mail (free, third party voice mail) has a feature called DitchMail that sends restricted or blocked calls directly to a message asking the caller to unblock their number and try again, and then hangs up without allowing them to leave a voice message, forcing them to call back unblocked if they need to contact you.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi austill87,

No one likes those annoying restricted calls. Let me enlighten you on how to stop those calls once and for all. By adding the Usage Control feature on your line, you will be given the capability of blocking restricted, unknown or blocked numbers. Here is how you can add the feature www.verizonwireless.com/usagecontrols

Thanks,
NidiaA_VZW

Not applicable

Ha Ha did you notice Verizon can do something for you if you pay for that 20 number block service, but cannot assist you from being harrassed with the calls.  Don't  pay them for this service. it blocks 20 "Numbers" and can do nothing for Restricted and Unknown calls.

Save your money. there are free apps on the market place. like the other poster told you.

BLG3RNT

Actually the Verizon Usage Controls do allow you to block unknown, blocked, or private numbers.  Also for an iPhone YouMail will prevent them from leaving a voicemail, but it will still allow the call to ring through.  Verizon prevents them from completely blocking the call, read the YouMail help to confirm this if you'd like.

0 Likes
petiteone
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to block restricted and unknown numbers and callers - not block known callers.  Please help us do that because usage controls does not  - it only lets you block known numbers.  Seems like so simple on landlines, but iPhone can't do it???  Really????

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

petiteone wrote:

I want to block restricted and unknown numbers and callers - not block known callers.  Please help us do that because usage controls does not  - it only lets you block known numbers.  Seems like so simple on landlines, but iPhone can't do it???  Really????

One option is you can subscribe to the Usage Controls offered from Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

petiteone
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do subscribe to usage controls, but it does not block unknown call numbers only phone numbers that I can identify.

-

Ann154 <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

Ann154 created the discussion

"Re: How to block UNKNOWN or RESTRICTED calls?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/968551#968551

>

kickercar
Enthusiast - Level 1

and why do i have to pay for that service you would think with your premium price this would be offered as part as the contract.