NOT happy with the updates
Dizi

the phone can no longer be set to not sleep.  lost all e-mail access unless you link to g-mail.  Lost web page links.  Took an hour to upload the update and drained to (double) battery to nothing.  If this is a Google control... I will be out of here and I have been faithful customer for many year.

0 Likes
Re: NOT happy with the updates
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry to hear that you were not liking the updates to the Bionic, Dizi. There were many improvements that came along with it, so I am a bit shocked to hear that you were not liking it. You pointed out not being about to set the phone to "not sleep." What did you mean by this? Was this about the screen never timing out? Also, could you elaborate more about your other concerns? Having Android be Google based, many of the functions do require a Google account. And also the update was quite large and it is normal that the battery drained a lot when it went through. We don't want to loose you so please let us know how we can help further!

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Dizi

When talking on the phone screen goes black.  Then you cannot perform any functions except to hang up the call with the power button.  Also phone shuts down and literally reboots back to Motorola screen and droid start-up on a whim, including in the middle of taking a picture or sending a message or trying to conduct business. 

0 Likes
jaymadd
Enthusiast - Level 3

For what it's worth you can turn off the "power button ends call" option and this will allow you to use the power button to turn the screen back on. I never use that power button to end call option.

To turn it off go in to settings-->accessibility-->un-check "power button ends call"

Not applicable

jaymadd wrote:

For what it's worth you can turn off the "power button ends call" option and this will allow you to use the power button to turn the screen back on. I never use that power button to end call option.

To turn it off go in to settings-->accessibility-->un-check "power button ends call"

Oh now you've just ruined his 'Verizon is evil" rant with an actual solution. I'll suspect he'll leave anyways( good riddance I say ) and of course he'll be back when he realize his "issues" follow him to whatever carrier he goes with.

0 Likes
barbie45
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since I ran the updates my phone keeps going to the dial pad with Emergency info and won 't let me go any further. Is anyone else having this problem and what do you do about it................Man this is driving me insane.

<Personal information removed for privacy.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

have you tried a soft reset and/or clearing the system cache?

Soft reset

Pull the battery while it's on and then hold the power button for 20 sec

Put battery back in and restart device

Clear system cache

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

pjw1981

I agree ever since my update to ics it sucks.  My phone is slow like super slow.  Sending and recieving txts are like being on dailup.  I was so pissed when all the other phone got the update.  This is the second bonic that i had to replace because of a tethering issue and or no responsive.  I am not returning the phone at all i will pay the early termation fee and say hell with verizon at this point.  I am suck of having issues with phones.  Either they will do two things one send me a newwwwwww phone not a refurbised phone or two give me a choice on a another phone of equal value or give me the two upgrade to the iphone 5s i would rather have an apple product now then a pos phone that is slow then 2003 apple with mac os 10.4.11.  I would rather throw the phone back at them and say keep the dam thing.  I am not happy with the update i am not happy with the slowness of the phone, it starts typing in stuff during texts, and it just all pos. 

0 Likes
klondike22

I have similar problems with email.  I have an Earthlink (POP) account that has worked fine since I bought the Bionic in June. Now suddenly all mails Sent from Bionic have disappeared. Additionally, all the contact/addresses I have used (over 200 of them) have also disappeared. Which means the Display Suggested Address brings up zilch.  In fact, even though I have that feature turned ON, and I have sent out a few new emails, those few addresses I hand-entered still do not show up when I try to send another email to that same person.

To be clear, this has not screwed up my actual Earthlink webmail -- the contacts are still there, accessible from my computer. And as far as I can tell no emails have been deleted off of Webmail -- though they might have been if I hadn't just accessed the Earthlink account on my computer before downloading this Android update on my phone, since it seems the DEFAULT option is to delete from server as I delete from phone. All in all very thoughtless engineering.

As for the other changes in the update such as the double-touches now needed in various places, etc., I suppose one gets used to anything. But am I supposed to enter 200 addresses by hand now, and what would be the point if the Display Suggested Address feature doesn't work?

I have spent a good deal of time going through the new menus, a bunch of time on the Verizon/Bionic site and discussions. I don't see any solutions, or in fact any acknowledgement of the problem.  The only solution seems to be to switch my email to a google account, which is not my preference.  I did start a google account just to get the darn phone working (back in June), but I have never used it for emails. Yes, it's smoother than Earthlink, has better search capabilities, etc., but in a dozen years I have never been hacked or gotten a virus through earthlink, either on PC's or my new MAC. Call me superstitious, but on the other hand, at least once every 2 or 3 weeks I get spam (hopefully nothing worse) from friends whose gmail accounts have been hacked, some of whom are a lot more computer savvy than I am..

0 Likes
Not applicable

First you complain about NOT having ICS now that you have it you're still not happy.

0 Likes