1 2 3 4 Previous Next 35 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 6:01 AM by familyof5 RSS

Done with Verizon after 15 years

Itsmekay

I was an Ameritech customer before Verizon bought them, and have been a loyal Verizon customer ever since, to the tune of $235 a month.  Never paid a bill late, never asked for a reduction, never pushed for an early upgrade.   Talked about how great it was to have never had a customer service complaint.    I guess that's because I never called customer service.  Either that or it's gone straight downhill.  Based on most of the comments I've read, the latter seems to be the case.

With our last upgrade, I went through Radio Shack because they had the best price on the phone my husband had to have.   Did all we needed to do to upgrade.   No one every mentioned the $30 upgrade fee in the store.  Because the rep was new, it took two calls to Verizon to complete the upgrade, transaction and activation.   No mention anywhere of a $30 fee by either of the two Verizon reps we talked with.   The change in plans offered gave me a lot to think about, I went through the potential new billing in detail not once, but TWICE with the Verizon rep, settled on a shared 2gig data plan with 1400 minutes, and unlimited texting for our five phones plus blackberry service for me.  I was adament that my corporate service (blackberry enterprise server) absolutely had to be maintained.  This was a Friday.  No problem says the rep - and guess what, your bill will be a few dollars less per month than it was before!

Awesome, I say.   A great transaction.  What a great company.

Saturday morning - yup.  No blackberry.    Thinking I needed to work with IT at the office, I wait until Monday, because Verizon assured me that there would be no changes - after all, I didn't upgrade MY phone.

Monday, talk to IT, who sends me to Verizon.  Yup, they turned off the corporate email.  "That will be $45 a month to add it back."   WAIT.  You told me this was included in the new price of $230.  Now it's $275?    "We're sorry, but yes."   So because YOU, Verizon, decided to take away my old plan, my bill now is going up $40 a month?  And now I'm stuck because I've renewed for another 2 year contract?   Why didn't you tell me this when we upgraded?   OH - I get it.  Because then maybe I wouldn't have upgraded!

The rep was oh so very sorry.  Worked with me to make changes to the plan, tells me that she's got the price back down to just under $240 a month for all lines, shared data and the blackberry.   Spent 40 minutes on the phone with her.   Great.   Thank you.   I appreciate it.

3 weeks later - and too late to return the upgraded phone or make any changes - I get my bill.  $333.  I dissect it, take out the non-recurring charges, find the $30 upgrade fee and learn that my new bill is now going to be $285 a month.   What happened to the $240 the third call got me to?  Beats the heck out of me.   Verizon's response is pretty much "this is what it is, take it or leave it."  Won't budge on the $30 fee that no one ever mentioned.  

The rep keeps me on the phone for well over 30 minutes to "help me consider options to reduce my costs."   Does her magic and excitedly tells me that the end result will only be $303 a month!    $303?   How is that better than $285?   Is this some kind of new Verizon math?  Good Lord woman, leave it alone before you make it worse!

I asked for a manager, got a floor supervisor, who pretty much tells me the same thing - it is what it is.  I threaten to leave - "we are very sorry you feel that way but it's your choice."   Could give a crap that I've been a customer for 15 years.  I don't have an iPhone.  That's probably why.

So where am I now?  Trapped into a 2 year contract with a company that I now hate.   Facing roughly $800 in early termination fees for our 5 phones combined.   I guess I sit it out, don't upgrade anything else, and move when I can.

My other option is to non-renew 3 of the phones when they come up in 4 months, then take the two remaining down to absolute bare bones minimum service and stop using them until those contracts run out.  

I can go to US Cellular, which multiple people I know personally rave about, who will give me 5 free phones, unlimited shared data, more minutes that I can use, unlimited texting and corporate email for $224 a month, all in.   I can go to Sprint or AT&T and match Verizon's pricing, which I will do just to move, if I need to.

Verizon - I hate you now.   You don't give a rats patootie about your customers, and I hope it comes back to bite you right in your stock prices.   I am so done with you, first chance I can be.

• 1. Re: Done with Verizon after 15 years

Itsmekay wrote:

I can go to US Cellular, which multiple people I know personally rave about, who will give me 5 free phones, unlimited shared data, more minutes that I can use, unlimited texting and corporate email for $224 a month, all in.   I can go to Sprint or AT&T and match Verizon's pricing, which I will do just to move, if I need to.

Verizon - I hate you now.   You don't give a rats patootie about your customers, and I hope it comes back to bite you right in your stock prices.   I am so done with you, first chance I can be.

If it's so great why didn't you go there in the first place? Anyways good luck using their service outside of their service area. yes enjoy the unlimited data at dial-up speeds when not in a US cellular area which is 99.9% of the US.

• 2. Re: Done with Verizon after 15 years
            budone

Itsmekay wrote:

I was an Ameritech customer before Verizon bought them, and have been a loyal Verizon customer ever since, Not loyal, but satisfied to the tune of $235 a month.  Never paid a bill late, never asked for a reduction, never pushed for an early upgrade.   Talked about how great it was to have never had a customer service complaint.    I guess that's because I never called customer service.  Either that or it's gone straight downhill.  Based on most of the comments I've read, the latter seems to be the case.

With our last upgrade, I went through Radio Shack because they had the best price on the phone my husband had to have.   Did all we needed to do to upgrade.   No one every mentioned the $30 upgrade fee in the store.  Shame on Radio Shack. Because the rep was new, it took two calls to Verizon to complete the upgrade, transaction and activation.   No mention anywhere of a $30 fee by either of the two Verizon reps we talked with.   VZW reps had no reason to say anything, they are activating a phone on what is an active account. The change in plans offered gave me a lot to think about, I went through the potential new billing in detail not once, but TWICE with the Verizon rep, settled on a shared 2gig data plan with 1400 minutes, and unlimited texting for our five phones plus blackberry service for me.  I was adament that my corporate service (blackberry enterprise server) absolutely had to be maintained.  This was a Friday.  No problem says the rep - and guess what, your bill will be a few dollars less per month than it was before!

Awesome, I say.   A great transaction.  What a great company.

Saturday morning - yup.  No blackberry.    Thinking I needed to work with IT at the office, I wait until Monday, because Verizon assured me that there would be no changes - after all, I didn't upgrade MY phone.

Monday, talk to IT, who sends me to Verizon.  Yup, they turned off the corporate email.  "That will be $45 a month to add it back."   WAIT.  You told me this was included in the new price of $230.  Now it's $275?    "We're sorry, but yes."   So because YOU, Verizon, decided to take away my old plan, my bill now is going up $40 a month?  And now I'm stuck because I've renewed for another 2 year contract?   Why didn't you tell me this when we upgraded?   OH - I get it.  Because then maybe I wouldn't have upgraded!

The rep was oh so very sorry.  Worked with me to make changes to the plan, tells me that she's got the price back down to just under $240 a month for all lines, shared data and the blackberry.   Spent 40 minutes on the phone with her.   Great.   Thank you.   I appreciate it.

3 weeks later - and too late to return the upgraded phone or make any changes - I get my bill.  $333.  I dissect it, take out the non-recurring charges, find the $30 upgrade fee and learn that my new bill is now going to be $285 a month.   What happened to the $240 the third call got me to?  Beats the heck out of me.   Verizon's response is pretty much "this is what it is, take it or leave it."  Won't budge on the $30 fee that no one ever mentioned.  

The rep keeps me on the phone for well over 30 minutes to "help me consider options to reduce my costs."   Does her magic and excitedly tells me that the end result will only be $303 a month!    $303?   How is that better than $285?   Is this some kind of new Verizon math?  Good Lord woman, leave it alone before you make it worse!

I asked for a manager, got a floor supervisor, who pretty much tells me the same thing - it is what it is.  I threaten to leave - "we are very sorry you feel that way but it's your choice."   Could give a crap that I've been a customer for 15 years.  I don't have an iPhone.  That's probably why.

So where am I now?  Trapped into a 2 year contract with a company that I now hate.   Facing roughly $800 in early termination fees for our 5 phones combined.   I guess I sit it out, don't upgrade anything else, and move when I can.

My other option is to non-renew 3 of the phones when they come up in 4 months, then take the two remaining down to absolute bare bones minimum service and stop using them until those contracts run out.  

Verizon - I hate you now.   You don't give a rats patootie about your customers, and I hope it comes back to bite you right in your stock prices.   I am so done with you, first chance I can be.  A LOYAL customer would stay through all this and keep renewing.

• 3. Re: Done with Verizon after 15 years
              Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Itsmekay, I would first like to thank you for bein g with us for 15years. We truly appreciate your business and I'm sorry about all the issues you have experienced. I understand how frustrating it must be to be quoted one price and receive something different. I confident that the reps you spoke with analyzed your account and gave you the most cost effective plan for your needs. I'm sorry about the miscommunication regarding the cost and I hope you stay with our family and allow us to renew your faith in us. KinquanaH_VZW

• 4. Re: Done with Verizon after 15 years

You have got to be kidding!

"loyalty works both ways"  no one should renew to get told one thing and not have 100% full disclosure of all costs associated with that upgrade.

the original poster should just take the names, dates, times, and all paperwork to a local small claims court to get judicial relief for the lies that were told to get that upgrade.

may even be able to get out of the contracts without penalty since I have seen companies settle before or during the case and that should be what she should do.

• 5. Re: Done with Verizon after 15 years

did you actually read what she wrote ?

I don't think you did.

She doesnt need your canned responses.

Verizon did not give her full disclosure and how did she get the best service when it was lower then jumped after the call.

that is called bait and switch or deception which should be corrected asap.

Do any of these verizon customer service people ever speak for themselves ? or just read from a script !

• 6. Re: Done with Verizon after 15 years

Elector wrote:

"loyalty works both ways"  no one should renew to get told one thing and not have 100% full disclosure of all costs associated with that upgrade.

the original poster should just take the names, dates, times, and all paperwork to a local small claims court to get judicial relief for the lies that were told to get that upgrade.

may even be able to get out of the contracts without penalty since I have seen companies settle before or during the case and that should be what she should do.

Seriously are you high?

• 7. Re: Done with Verizon after 15 years

Better question to ask is if Verizon is such a rip off why do people stay and continue to complain instead of leaving?

• 8. Re: Done with Verizon after 15 years

Brian68 wrote:

Better question to ask is if Verizon is such a rip off why do people stay and continue to complain instead of leaving?

>Refrain from condescending comments< you will see that churn is high at Verizon. There is also churn at other carriers as well. I was just reading that Verizon actually took more customers this last quarter because of the iphone.

They complain because there are problems but stay mainly because they are locked into a contract. That should not be hard to figure out.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

• 9. Re: Done with Verizon after 15 years

Brian68 wrote:

Elector wrote:

Seriously are you high?

I see you are a Verizon fan boy.

What I wrote above is being done everyday. This is the process people have to take to get any sort of relief from Verizon.

They try and lock you into arbitration but funny the right of action in a ,local or state supreme court has been upheld for customers to take. If a customer takes it to arbitration in most cases they lose. But small claims and state supreme court has proven better for the customer to win against big red.

I am HIGH on giving facts, and not fiction. I like Verizon and I don't have a complaint, then again I can give real answers and not rah rah replies because you think you will be looked at better for sticking up for them.

Give facts not smart answers or emotion.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next