4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2013 9:25 AM by Verizon Wireless Customer Support RSS

Network not responding

I was texting and receiving messages just fine all day, then suddenly it stopped. I can do everything fine, just not send a normal text message. It comes up Network not responding. I have the Samung Convoy 2. How do i fix this?

• 1. Network not responding

Try resetting the connection to the network.  Dial *228, option 1 to reprogram the phone to the Verizon Wireless network.

• 2. Re: 8155701353
            Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Hi there Muetzes18!

Let's give your text messages a jump start! Ann definitely provided a phenomenal suggestion to reprogram your device. Hopefully that worked out!

I really appreciate the error message as well, always helpful! Are you able to receive text messages just fine?

I would try doing a bit of spring cleaning on your text messages and delete some of the messages you no longer need!

Keep us posted as I want you back in the messaging game!

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

• 3. Re: 8155701353

I was having issues with my phone sending and receiving picture messages. It would not stay true to the 3G network so I followed the tip about *228 and it worked. This is the second time though. Could this be an issue with my phone itself which is a Convoy 2?

• 4. Re: 8155701353
                Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Thanks for doing that *228 which we recommend doing at least once a month, dbrenmoore. This ensures that you stay connected to the closest towers. It's difficult to say if it is a device problem or a Convoy 2 concern.
                This can all depend on if you are in a solid 3G area, or if you are in a fringe area where you lose that signal. In most cases a quick battery pull or power off/on will jump start the device to connect to our towers so the signal will work. Please do keep us posted and we can investigate further if needed.

Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport