lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Possibly if you are on a company phone.

0 Likes
Re: deleted messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@wandald1,

Never fear help is here! I hope you didn't accidentally delete an important text message. I hate when that happens to me!

Unfortunately, once a text message is deleted from a device you are unable to retrieve the text message content. However, you are able to view the text message details online via My Verizon. There you will be able to view the time, date, and mobile number of the text message, but not the actual content.

Is there a particular reason you are trying to retrieve a deleted text message? In certain cases you may be able to request retrieval of deleted text with a subpoena or court order. Verizon Wireless is only able to provide an average of the last 3-5 days of content, but never more than ten days (240 hours) from the date and time the message is delivered.

*Due to system limitations, only terminating content may be available.
*Additionally, system outages and upgrades and other unforeseen events may result in Verizon Wireless not being able to produce the message content.
*Verizon Wireless has a charge of $50 per five-day increment, with a minimum of $50 for each request.
*All requests for release of SMS content should be referred to LERT at 800-451-5242, prompt 3.

I trust this has fully addressed your concerns. Keep me posted if you need further assistance.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: deleted messages
RANHER0
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you help me. I'm trying to get a specific phone number from a message that I have deleted. This was thru a third party (Facebook). I KNOW this would not show up on my message log. Verizon Chat was able to locate the call and provide me with most of the information (reluctantly). I did not press him for the number at that time. I assumed that it would show up on my message log. I know now that a third party message would not show up in my message log. However, Verizon  has the number. Can I pay a fee to get it? Thanks

0 Likes