Guy with "VZ Corporate Source" at WPcentral says Lumia coming to VZ on Black Friday
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

So this guy is said that his source his saying VZ will have the it by black friday after AT&T has sold enough with their exclusivity deal. Instead of having to read the the whole thread, I am giving you the links to where he comes up and talks about it. Read the whole post. I'll quote some of the main points just for a head up.

Post #1

What does your source at VZW do?.

Corporate contracts.  Negotiates contracts and deployment for larger Verizon customers like Clearchannel, etc.  He knows where Verizon is going because he's kept in the loop to prepare his big customers.

But expect a HUGE Black Friday Windows Phone push from Verizon with some crazy prices for those who want to go to a VZW store on that day, including early contract discounts and incentives to trade in iPhones and Android devices.

http://forums.wpcentral.com/1710884-post28.htm

Post #2

Just got info that Verizon will not likely get the 920 but a variation of it with a different number like the 820.  I guess the frequencies between the two will be different.  May be to prevent people from jumping between carriers with the phone - no idea

http://forums.wpcentral.com/1710903-post32.htm

Post #3

What I do know is that Verizon is also giving something to get it.  They want it badly.  A bunch of the corporate people were given a demonstration of the Lumia 920 by Nokia and they were apparently blown away by it.  My source was not there to see it, but his boss was and the word was the VZW people felt this phone could be a game changer if marketed correctly between the NFC, wireless charging, the camera tech on it, and the mapping.  Nokia showed them the JBL wireless charging speaker system too.

http://forums.wpcentral.com/1710981-post41.htm

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Guy with "VZ Corporate Source" at WPcentral says Lumia coming to VZ on Black Friday
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

I'll take a look at the threads... Very interesting stuff.  To me, very much worth it to wait until Black Friday.  It makes little difference to me if it is the beginning of November or the end of November.  But the beginning of November or the end of May - which is what the difference was between ATT launching Windows Phone 7 and Verizon launching Windows Phone 7 - that I will leave Verizon for. Like I did the last time. Twice.  But this time, if I leave, I won't be looking back.  This time, I'll be gone for good.

Re: Guy with "VZ Corporate Source" at WPcentral says Lumia coming to VZ on Black Friday
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Whoa!  I'd say if you don't go read the thread and read the rest of the info that this guy is putting out there, you're really missing a lot. 

Now I'll also say this - there's also the possibility that he's just some sick wacko that sports a rooted Android and gets his kicks spinning up Windows Phone geeks like us, so he's making this whole thing up.  But for the moment, we don't have much else to go on.  So let's hope that he's on the up and up.  The thing that makes me wonder is that his post count is only 60.  Someone else posted that he trusts him, but with only a post count of 60, how do you get to that point?  I sure don't....  But let's hope he's on the up and up.  I want to believe him, but I also don't want to be let down again like Nokia let me down last week by announcing ATT exclusivity.

Thanks much to Yankees for the info.

0 Likes
kolzie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Look, I have researched this phone inside and out and want it.  The BS that is out there about who is going to have this phone and who is not points only to AT&T for sure bringing it on board.  So instead of telling me to read before I post, I HAVE READ till I cannot read anymore.  I have contacted Verizon directely in many ways and I STILL have NO idea if Nokia will have this phone (Lumia 920)  AT&T looks to be the only sure bet!  I would like to stay with Verizon, but if they are going to spin their wheels they are going to lose long time customers.....

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Well, the information is here.  Don't expect us to repeat ourselves.

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

Yep you have to take it with a grain of salt. Could be true or could not be. Who knows. But if you also notice that Verizon hasn't even told us officially if they are going to have the 8X or not either. At this point I hope the guy is saying the truth but I definitely wont have my hopes up.

Just an interesting read i wanted to share with you guys

kolzie
Enthusiast - Level 2

If the information is there, then why won't the Verizon people just say so!!!!!?????

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Look... You're yelling at one of the guys who is trying to provide information. That won't help you at all.

It is no secret that Verizon is one of the most anti-consumer companies out there, is it? Bing it. Verizon is anti-consumer, anti-phone manufacturer, anti-anyone who doesn't wear a Verizon name badge, and they're probably anti-half of THEM. Does it really surprise you that we can't get information out of them?

I have reached out to execs in the past as well as currently to try to make them realize that this is not constructive, but the reality is that Sprint has the best customer service in the industry, and at least in my area, the worst coverage. This is how you can treat people when you have them over a barrel. I can go to ATT, who has just as bad customer service, and if we end up not getting a 920 caliber device, I probably will, but I am still under contract for a couple more months for two of the three devices on my plan, so I will wait until they either expire or I decide I just don't want to wait any longer, then pay the ETF.

Until they open up, how about exercising some courtesy and being kind to those of us who ARE trying to pass along information to the rest of you. Otherwise, I'd rather you hunt ot down yourself.

Message was edited by: hopmedic Please tell me what, other than perhaps a witch hunt, could have prompted this post to be marked as "currently under moderation"

ChuckWes
Enthusiast - Level 2

Customer Service Agents cannot and do not give out any information about products that are not currently supported or officially announced, as sometimes things change and then, oh gee the agent "lied to you". It's just a waiting game now and there isn't any point in starting new threads because you don't have any information; there really isn't any information. This is the most information I've seen with any sort of hope of getting these phones (thanks _yankees). Believe me, I'm just as frustrated with seeing dates for AT&T and not VZ. They aren't going to give any information until they are ready. So kick back and take a breath.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah, much appreciated.  But while Verizon hasn't said anything official as far as what models they'll carry, they have said several things publicly in the press.  They've said that they have a relationship with Nokia, they've said they'd be carrying "multiple Windows Phone devices" in Q4, they've said that they are "fully supportive" of Microsoft and talked about the need for a third mobile ecosystem in the indust...

So while they haven't said what models they'll carry, we know they'll carry more than one.  We can hope that they'll be wise, and carry something from the low end, something from the high end (Verizon, listen to us - this should be the 920), and something in the middle. 

0 Likes