Cant text one person?
RyanSimone631

for a while i haven't been able to text one person. My texts would send and say it was delivered yet the other person was unable to recieve them. At times that person gets my texts but rarely. This person tried resetting their phone and all that. um help. oh and the person is being honest. The person has no problems texting other people.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cant text one person?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information you have provided, RyanSimone631.
I can see why this concerns you.
If you are having problems with texting one particular individual, we would need to get a trouble ticket to see what is happening between to path of communication between the 2 phones.
With you phone, make sure you clear any old message threads.
Please contact us at 800.922.0204 from an alternate phone if you have one in order for us to go through some steps for troubleshooting & if needed a trouble ticket will be submitted.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Missmae5

I'm having the same issue. My best friend gets my texts but when she sends one back i never get it. It doesn't say failed on her end, it goes through like a normal text but my phone never gets it. She didn't know that i wasn't getting them till i asked her if she was ignoring me. We cant figure it out. This only started recently. I did upgrade to Samsung GS3 but had to switch back to my droid to because i returned samsung and I'm waiting for my iphone. She also just upgrade to Iphone5 and already has her phone.

0 Likes
flabden

I'm having the same problem. Can't get text messages from my girlfriend. If she sends a picture message i get it but sms, no go. I just got the phone. I was on prepaid with Virgin Mobile, never any problems. Now, problems. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@flabden

Did you recently port over your number from Virgin Mobile?  Maybe the porting didn't fully complete.  You can call customer service and ask them to reset your text feature on their side.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

This happened to me the other day.  I was responding to a group text of two people and the text would only go to one of them.  When I tried to text the other person it would not even come up on my phone that I had sent a text to them.   Really strange.  The text finally went through like three days later and I have not had a problem since...they both were using iphones so I don't think that is the problem since one of them got the text.  I have also sent texts to both before with no problems.

0 Likes