Call Waiting isn't working
CaraB

When I am talking on my iPhone 4S I can hear another call beeping in, but it will not let me switch over to them, nor tell me who is calling.  Sometimes it will say "multiple calls" at the top, but it doesn't give me the option of switching over to the new call like I use to be able to.  So I hang up with my first call to try to see who is calling and there isn't any missed calls.  Unless the caller leaves me a voicemail, I do not know who is calling.  How do I fix this?  It just started yesterday (10/3/12)

I went to:

• Settings
  • Phone

But there is no option for Call Waiting.  Should there be?

I cannot figure out how to fix this.  Due to my line of work, I have to have this feature working properly.  Can anyone help me?

Thanks!  Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Call Waiting isn't working
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hey CaraB! Call waiting is super important to me, so I know why you want this resolved. Check out the info directly from Apple regarding answering a call, while on a call. Plus a few other scenarios..http://support.apple.com/kb/TA38607?viewlocale=en_US Have a great weekend!

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ermalvo

Chauncey,

This information is not helpful. I have the same problem and learning how to use Call Waiting is not the problem.  I have a 4s and since upgrading to the iOS 6, this issue has been occuring.  Cara is describing the fact that when on a call and someone else calls in, when looking at the screen, there are:

a. no options to change the call

b. no indication of who's calling

c. after hanging up the previous call, there is no indication of a missed call. 

This is very frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Ermalvo,

Many users have reported this trouble after the update to iOS 6. Most users have advised that after fully powering the device off and back on the trouble with Call Waiting not being able to be answered is fixed. Other users needed to complete the http://bit.ly/tQWFpp reset method to get it back up and working. Please try these and keep us posted to the experience.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ermalvo

I have tried this method repeatedly, among other methods, and I still have

the problem. I even updated to 6.0.1 and still have the problem.

Sent from E's iPad.

On Nov 18, 2012, at 6:54 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
queenie717

Cara, I too upgrade my service and lost my call waiting and somehow just got it back today with playing with it because I was getting frustrated.  This is what I did, i told my phone off for like 5 mins then plug my phone into the computer and then went and make sure my itunes and app stores cell is on.  so far my calling waiting is working and swap option and hold and answe call is there, but when I went into my phone setting , call waiting is mot on.  It didn't matter as long as I have my call waiting working.  Let me know

0 Likes
McSnifty

I had the same problem. I did a soft reset of my phone. Hold down the home button and then press and hold the power button at the same time until you see the apple symbol. That should do the trick.

0 Likes
Tracey068

The reset did not fix the issue on my 4s. I just did another update to 6.1 and still no call waiting. What now?

0 Likes
umadaopfc

I just had this problem after upgrading to 6.1.2.  After turning the phone off and back on, it now works.  I rarely turn my phone off.Smiley Happy now.

0 Likes