Activated phone over the phone, account now says pending order and phone won't work
ibreakhearts66

I just received my iPhone 5 today. I followed the instructions exactly, and the automated phone message said my phone had been activated. However, I have since tried to use it and it won't work. I tried going to My Verizon and when I tried to activate it online, it says "Order Pending" under my line. What do I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Activated phone over the phone, account now says pending order and phone won't work
Not applicable

If you have a prior phone that you used on the same account, have you turned it off (and left it off)? Your new phone will not physically activate until the former one is off.

Also, sometimes they say activation can take up to 24 hrs.  It can also take 60 seconds - it just depends on the volume of requests at the time you did the activation set up.

Re: Activated phone over the phone, account now says pending order and phone won't work
kh218

I am having the same problem! I got my phone yesterday and my old phone isn't working and neither is my new 5! I will try shutting off my old one and see if that works, thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ibreakhearts and kh218, I know that no one wants to wait after receiving a brand new phone and I'll be happy to help. Since it has been a few days I'm hoping both phones are working now. If you purchased the phone on another line and switched to your line, it can take up to 24 hours for the system to allow the SIM card to change mobile numbers. We are working on making this process quicker. As long as you followed the activation process correctly, and activated via iTunes or WiFi, then those are the correct steps. Let me know if you're still having problems activating.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

ifinghateyourightnow
Enthusiast - Level 1

Your phone activation delay sucks.  I suggest fixing that or at least saying something in your instructions so I don't have to search community forums to find out this is normal.  Very unhappy with Verizon as of late.

NNNystrom

I am having this same issue and if I would have known I would run into these issues, I would have completed the switch in-store. This is so frustrating and after the terrible VZ Customer Service I have received and now this, I will be switching carriers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely don't want to see you leave the VZW family, NNNystrom. Were you able to activate your phone, or are you still encountering issues with the activation process.

Please let us know, as we'd like to help resolve these issues, and get your phone up and running for you.

Thank you.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes