Hello kimme00171! I can help you decipher the message you received while attempting to activate the Thunderbolt. Because you are using a 4G device, it's no longer necessary to call *228 to activate your phone. The activation can be completed by following the steps below:
1. Sign in to My Verizon.
2. Locate the I Want To… section.
3. Under the DEVICE column, select Activate or Switch a Device. The devices active on the account display.
Select a device.
4. Click Next. The Backup Contacts page displays.
5. If Backup Assistant is installed already, click the Back Up Phone Now button.
6. If eligible for Backup Assistant, click the Install Backup Assistant button and follow steps to install from device.
7. If NOT eligible for Backup Assistant, click the appropriate Operating System link and follow steps
8. Select Next. The Activate or Switch Device page displays.
9. Type the IMEI in the Enter Device ID field.
10. Select Submit. The Activate Phone page displays.
11. Select Continue to SIM Cards. The SIM Card Required page displays.
12. Do one of the following:
Select Send me a SIM Card (Free SIM Card is mailed to the customer).
Type the number in the Enter SIM ID Code field If you already have a new or existing Verizon Wireless-certified SIM Card.
13. Select Continue. The Select a Plan page displays.
14. Choose the desired plan.
15. Click Select. The Select Features & Services page displays
16. Click to make any desired changes.
17. Select Select Features & Services. The Your Packages page displays.
18. Select Submit Changes.
19. The Activate Device confirmation page displays instructions for completing the activation process.
I know I provided you with a lot of steps, but once you get started you will breeze right through. Have a great day.
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport
When I try to go on the website I get this.
"We're sorry! Unfortunately, none of the lines on your account are eligible to receive the Online Authorization Code. You will not be able to add the new device to your account. Please call (800) 922-0204 or dial *611 from your mobile phone for further assistance. What do i do.
meggrnt, I can understand your concern. I want to make sure that you are able to get the proper assistance. What are you trying to add a new line of service onto the account? Have you been able to call in to get this taken care of? Please keep me posted.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!