Unable to access BlackBerry services in Kenya!
newtonthiga

I am based in Kenya and a friend purchased for me the following BB phone from Amazon-Blackberry 9650 Bold Unlocked GSM Smartphone with 3 MP Camera, Bluetooth, 3G, Wi-Fi, a... Sold by StarDavis. The BlackBerry is originally from Verizon-wireless but I am unable to access BB services via any mobile service provider in Kenya ( although I am able to access other GSM services like calls and sms).

The mobile service providers in Kenya have advised me to get in touch with Verizon and request them to unlock BB services so that I can use any carrier in Kenya!  Could you please advise/help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to access BlackBerry services in Kenya!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for visiting our page!
Unfortunately, you will not be able to use a Verizon phone unless you are on a Verizon calling plan.
I wish I had better news for you. Since you aren't able to use the phone, maybe your friend can sell it to someone else that is here in the states and wants Verizon service.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Unable to access BlackBerry services in Kenya!
elvismsmarta

Hey newton did you get any help on using your blackberry phone.I seem to be in the same predicament.Blackberry bold 9650 everything works except the BIS service which makes the phone outstanding and a blackberry anyway.Without the BIS this phone is useless to me.If you got a way around please let me know

0 Likes