Unable to connect to an Exchange Server iPhone 5
bskoros
Enthusiast - Level 2

While I am able to go through the setup and get no errors, when I actually try to get mail it shows "Connot get mail, the connection to the server failed".

I am on my companies wifi.  this is the first new iphone 5 i have tried to setup.  All previous models are working fine.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Bill S.

Labels (1)
Re: Unable to connect to an Exchange Server iPhone 5
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Congrats on the new iPhone 5, bskoros! Now we need to get it fully functional so that you can really enjoy it! Did you contact your IT Dept to ensure that there is not an additional step that needs to completed? It sounds like your companies server is blocking you from retrieving your email. Please check with them and let me know what they advise you. Thanks

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bskoros
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am the IT guy at my company!

We have not had any issues with the iPhone 4S or earlier.

And as of today, were up to three iPhone 5 models that will not connect with the same settings the 4S used.

Bill S.

0 Likes
bskoros
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK,

So here is the latest: ANY iPhone 5 (tried four different phones so far) on Verizon is not working on Exchange at my office. 

HOWEVER, any AT&T iPhone 5 WILL (three added with no issues!) work with the same settings!

WHY is there a difference!?

At a total loss here...

Edit:  I'll add that when putting in the Exchange settings, all went well and each setting had a green check next to it at the end.

However, when trying to access the mail, the error is: cannot get mail. The connection to the server failed.

Thanks,

Bill S.

0 Likes
computerguuy

BSkoros,

You can try this. It worked back when we had problems with our iPhone4s.

In AD, properties of the user account in question, security, Advanced, select to inherit permissions, ok

Currently though, I am having the exact same iPhone5 issue that you are. We know all of the settings (domain, server name, username, password) are correct on the phone because it does complete the email account setup on the phone. However, when trying to sync email it says it cannot connect to the server. As with your case, we have other phones (Droids and iPhone4s) working.  I have only one iPhone5 (sprint) at the moment though, and my option above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you,

CG

0 Likes
computerguuy

Bskoros,

I double checked that inheritence setting for my user. The setting didn't take the first time I applied it. This time the setting was applied and the email is now flowing to the iPhone5 !!!!!!!!!!

Hope this works for you,

CG

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information bskoros. Did you have the opportunity to try the steps recommended by computerguy? Are you still having difficulties?

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
bskoros
Enthusiast - Level 2

JonathanK,

I cheked the settings as suggested and they were already set that way.

No luck so far.

Bill S.

0 Likes
orchid20

I'm having the same problem.  Exchanged worked fine with my iphone 4 OS 6.0.1 and now with my iphone 5 OS 6.0.1 it's not working at all.  This seems to be a Verizon only issue, because my boss has an iphone 5 with AT&T and I didn't have problems setting up his exchange email on his phone.  (And I am IT, and no changes have been made or need to be made on my exchange 2007 server.) The account setup is fine; its just that when going to exchange mail it says it cannot get mail from server.  I've done all the above recommendation and NOTHING WORKS!  Verizon please check this.

0 Likes
bskoros
Enthusiast - Level 2

if I had known this was going to be an issue before I bought the phone, i would have gone with another Droid model instead...

of course now its too late...

Bill S.

0 Likes