1 2 3 Previous Next 28 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2013 9:10 AM by Verizon Wireless Customer Support Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Online Usage Data Totals do not Add up

MountainDewFan

We have 5 phones on the Share Everything plan.  With a 2GB usage plan.  Which currently has been fine for us.

However, this month we are only 2 days into the bill cycle and our total usage is at 0.491 GB.   I went online to the usage screen and clicked on each phone line to see who was responsible for the usage.  Our 5 lines have usages of 0.035, 0.024, 0.001, 0.047, and 0.007 which adds up to just 0.114 GB.   Soooo where is this other .377 GB coming from?  

Am I missing something?  I double checked the numbers and everything looks fine.  I even went into the detail report for each phone and they did not show any huge usage?

Anyone else ever notice this  .. has anyone else with multiple devices checked to see if the total usage adds up correctly?

• 1. Re: Online Usage Data Totals do not Add up
          MountainDewFan

In the above post when I said, "I double checked the numbers and everything looks fine.".   What I meant was that I double checked the numbers and MY Math is correct.  Verizon's math is way off.

• 2. Re: Online Usage Data Totals do not Add up
            Desiderata1970

I would also like to know the answer to this question. We have 3 shared plan phones on our account, we are only 2 days into the billing cycle, and 1 of the phones is showing up data usage as 3.8 already! NO WAY! In the details of data usage, this is not adding up, what-so-ever!

• 3. Re: Online Usage Data Totals do not Add up
              whythecharge

how come verizon is not answering these questions? ... I have this same issue this month !!!! why are you doing this/? do you realize the CHARGES are over gouging and the corporate employees are getting richer and richer from ROBBING (STEALING) FROM PEOPLE !!!! this is ludicrous, uncalled for and unethical... month after month in order for us to keep in touch with family and other we have to submit to this ABUSE !!!!!!!!!!   I cannot wait for this contract to end I have had enough years and money taken from me from this company..

• 4. Re: Online Usage Data Totals do not Add up
                jasonbilodeau

I am having the same problem my data for last month showed i used over 100gb of data which is ridiculous. There is no way i used that much data in one month. My new bill says i owe about $2400. I would like an answer to this.

• 5. Re: Online Usage Data Totals do not Add up
                  Tidbits

Can we have a screen shot of that. Make sure you don't have any account identifiers. I just want to see a $2400 bill for cellular service lol.

• 6. Re: Online Usage Data Totals do not Add up
                    dimap52

I don't need to see something like that it is shamelessly CRIMINAL thievery. $2400 for 100 gig of data. THIS is what happens when corporate malfeasance is unregulated in a so-called "free market". This is what happens when appointed and elected officials and commissioners succumb to "regulatory capture" by corporate CEOs, lawyers, and lobbyists. Not to mention collusive pricing practices to preserve high ARPU's and profit margins. Americans pay 4 to 10 times as much for cell phone service than consumers in other countries. It is rapacious price gouging like this that enables me to see precicely why.

I just got a new 4G phone. I'm on a tiered plan to keep data pricing reasonable. I guess the only way I can ensure it "remains" reasonable is to keep that data turned OFF. in some countries, that 100 Gig that guy used would cost only $50 equivalent, as most countries don't have cheap unlimited data plans, such as VZW had and couldn't wait to throw away.

• 7. Re: Online Usage Data Totals do not Add up
                      bluesamg

Did you check how much things are in KB's?

• 8. Re: Online Usage Data Totals do not Add up
                        Tidbits

dimap52 wrote:

I don't need to see something like that it is shamelessly CRIMINAL thievery. $2400 for 100 gig of data. THIS is what happens when corporate malfeasance is unregulated in a so-called "free market". This is what happens when appointed and elected officials and commissioners succumb to "regulatory capture" by corporate CEOs, lawyers, and lobbyists. Not to mention collusive pricing practices to preserve high ARPU's and profit margins. Americans pay 4 to 10 times as much for cell phone service than consumers in other countries. It is rapacious price gouging like this that enables me to see precicely why.

I just got a new 4G phone. I'm on a tiered plan to keep data pricing reasonable. I guess the only way I can ensure it "remains" reasonable is to keep that data turned OFF. in some countries, that 100 Gig that guy used would cost only $50 equivalent, as most countries don't have cheap unlimited data plans, such as VZW had and couldn't wait to throw away.

Those countries also pays more in other places, and also are much smaller in landscape to offer the same services.  I would like to see one of those European carriers offer service without piggybacking off another carrier to offer service on all of Europe and I bet you'll see the prices increase.  None of them are willing to do it.  If all carriers stayed regional we'd have cheaper prices, but we do things at the national level.

• 9. Re: Online Usage Data Totals do not Add up
                          dimap52

This "piggybacking" you refer to are network sharing agreements MANDATED by government tariff. And the intent is precisely to alleviate inefficiencies in spectrum utilization  and lower prices through collective utilization of common resources. It sounds like a great idea to me. Fat chance of that happening here, what with incompatible network technologies, spectrum squatting by the Big Two, and opposition by VZW to the net neutrality roaming mandates. 

1 2 3 Previous Next