Re: Phone doesn't ring
tennisbuff

I have been fighting that problem for almost a year. 3 different phones and SIM Card later and still having the problem.  Verizon says they are not receiving this as a problem.  It's all over the Internet about this problem.  I had to finally change my voicemail to say Verizon can't fix this problem so if you leave me a message at least I'll know you called.

<Branched to a new discussion. Original location too old.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rogbv

Same problem.  The phone is sitting on a table. Doesn't ring or vibrate.  When it does vibrate, I have new voicemail and 1 missed call.

Hey, Verizon! This is a problem, and your support sucks!!!

0 Likes
tennisbuff

Hey rogbv:

I've spent months and probably two dozen or more calls to Verizon only to have them tell me this isn't a problem. I have an open Trouble Ticket for this problem and when I called in yesterday to give them yet another Day/Date/Time and phone # when someone calls me and the phone does not ring, I found out that this is now a "National Critical" problem.  The tech support person, Gene, said that they implemented a software patch on Sept 19, 2012 to try to address this problem, but that obviously didn't work since I had the same issue on Sept 24th.  At least, for the FIRST time, Verizon is acknowledging a problem.  They are tieing in other Trouble Tickets together for this issue. What's I'd strongly suggest is you call Verizon and insist that they open a trouble ticket (otherwise they can't track this issue) and if you can provide the phone #, date and time they called when your phone does not ring, that will help support this issue.  What Tech Support thinks is happening is the phone is losing "registration" and therefore the network can't find your phone.. thus going to voicemail.  My problem is so bad that my voicemail message asks callers to leave a message otherwise I'll never know they called because Verizon has this problem they can't fix.   Good Luck!

0 Likes
rogbv

Hey, thanks for replying. This is the first time I've tried to contact them about the issue. It's happened often enough lately that it's not just an isolated event. After trying to call them and getting the "high call volume" message, I looked on the website for someplace to bring it up (it just kept showing me more ads), and finally I came across these forums.

I will open open up a trouble ticket. Maybe they'll start acknowledging it.

/-- Roger/

0 Likes
tennisbuff

If you want, you can reference my trouble ticket to be attached to your new ticket.  My ticket # that is open for this issue is <Ticket number removed per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Out of curiousity what city/state are you in that has this issue.  I'm in Cincinnati and Dayton Ohio

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rogbv

Thanks, I already submitted my issue. I don't know if they read those online communiques, but I don't feel like waiting all day on hold. If it comes up I'll reference your ticket.

I am in Hillsboro, Oregon, an area well served by towers. I think my girlfriend must have this issue too, though she may not know it. She is in Myrtle Beach, SC, not so well served (e.g. her kitchen is a dead zone!)

Verizon seems to have better coverage than other providers around here. During the summer I spend a lot of time in small towns in Oregon, and am often the only person with service. Plus, my family's all on Verizon, or I might consider switching.

/== Roger/

0 Likes