1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2013 11:15 AM by Firegirl471 RSS

VERIZON STEALS GB'S ON HOME FUSION PLAN

verizonthievesandscammers

The home fusion internet for the whole house is an out and out scam!  The most GB's you can get is 30.  Sounds reasonable, right?  Well, it would be if they were'nt stealing and scaming you just like they did years ago when there was'nt unlimited minutes on cell phone use.  I have performed usage tests and it's a joke.  I could'nt understand why i was using data when not home and all equiptment completely off and not connected.  I spent hours on the phone with customer service listening to their ****, how i must have something on thats updating, how the times corresponding to my data usage are not really accurate and are just guidelines to show usage, I had enough, so i did a test.  I removed every piece from my house, i live very rural, no one is stealing my usage, i went away for 4 days.  From my hotel i monitored my usage,  everyday I was charged with .5 to .75 GB of usage!!!  lol What a foking load of ****!!! I recently switched to hughes net with the new gen 4 they offer.  I get 20 GB during prime time and I have never went over. with home fusion i had 30 GB and was over my allowance in 15 days.  Until they offer unlimited home fusion, do not use this, consider yourselves warned!!!!

• 1. Re: VERIZON STEALS GB'S ON HOME FUSION PLAN
          EFFVERIZON

Verizon is ripping everyone off! When they made me switch from unlimited to shared data plan, my bill grew by over $100 per month. I ask about it and they basically say too bad. So now i'm supposed to share 4GB vs unlimited to have the same bill or what? Eff you VERIZON!!!!!

• 2. Re: VERIZON STEALS GB'S ON HOME FUSION PLAN
            fergieg

Unfortunately, you are RIGHT ON!! The whole agenda behind tiered data plan is to overcharge customers for fabricated overage. Verizon does not and won't show details of your data usage yet their word is final.

• 3. Re: VERIZON STEALS GB'S ON HOME FUSION PLAN
              explorer52

I left Sprint for this? Geeze, I had Sprint for years on the Unlimited Data "Month to Month" plan. Monitoring my Useage Reports, I maybe ONCE barely entered into the 4GB territory.

I decided to give Verizon a try to see if I might get better coverage. I went with their Month to Month (thank goodnes!) plan too. They told me they would not offer me 4 GB, but either only 3 or 5. (For a minute, I thought they knew my  Sprint useage was only max of 4 GB so they knew I best go with the 5GB package for my "protection?". Surely not...)  Since I started, I had the following MAJOR issues:

a)  receved several different connection devices,

b)  had numerous Tickets for connection problems,

c)  receive a SCAM e-mail for Verizon that thankfully, my virus software caught! So how did scammers get my

personal info from Verizon in the first place?  Is Verizon selling subscriber's info? Or do they have laxed security?

d)  after a short while, I received a bill charging me for 6 GB! I don't download movies, music, etc., And my

useage had NOT changed...maybe slowed down if anything!

e) I had called to complain about excessive data charges. They looked and said, yep, we see that you never

exceeded 4 GB with all the years with Sprint, so they credited my account.

f)  THEN, they sent my subsequent, (and LAST) bill claiming I had used 9 GB! And I had even used it less. Also, I really did not need them

as I get FREE WiFi where I live! All they could say is THEIR Counter can NOT be wrong! AND, they had given me a ONE TIME credit last time, so

NO more credits...period!

That was IT for me and any relationship with Verizon Wireless. I will would NOT stick around for any next billing showing I used 245 GB! You guys enjoy... I am shopping for OTHER service. Is there any company out there who don't Cheat its customers? I will be calling back Sprint for sure!

• 4. Re: VERIZON STEALS GB'S ON HOME FUSION PLAN
                dunny32

Like the others say, STAY AWAY FROM HOME FUSION BROADBAND. Verizon is stealing from people, I signed up for this service expecting to pay $60.00 plus tax a month for the 10gb plan. So the first bill comes conveniently just after the 14 day opt out period and they charge me with a $20 monthly access and the $60.00 for the 10gb. So this service runs about $88.00 a month. FALSE ADVERTISING! Then the bill states overage will be charged at $15 per gb not the $10 they advertise. Not to mention my data usage was accumulating with the power disconnected from the device. Verizon you should be ashamed. This is illegal and I will be contacting my states attorney general over this matter. Of course customer service told me I just misunderstood what I was buying, absolutely no help at all. Thanks for nothing.

• 5. Re: VERIZON STEALS GB'S ON HOME FUSION PLAN
                  kevinyenny

Absolutely true I hear class action law suit comming we ordered the homefusion network the installer didnt know a whole lot but none the less the system worked after he left i had to self teach how to get the router going after that its speeds are impressive very fast to me but ive never had cable or dsl it was installed around 6pm friday so we just browsed a few pages,saturday we left early saturday night just did a few more page searches no videos to speak of sunday my daughter was doing a restore on her ipod which took a few times before it finally worked i was just surfing from my phone on the wifi it worked excellent again no streaming videos or music monday just regualr internet also watched a 10 minute you tube on removing battery from ipod tuesday we stopped at the Verizon store to see how to tell how many Gigs we had used after a long process of registering we were ASTOUNDED to find out we had already used 7.4 GIG in just 4 days without much video or music we dont have netflix, calling Verizon wasnt much help they just acted like its normal use and they are not permitted by law to tell us what the ip of the device was that was using the gig but we shut off wifi on our devices and shut off phones and ipod tuesday night we spent a few hours on the phone cancelling the installer took the boxes with him so they are sending us more supposedly it will only cost us 60 dollars for the 7 gig we did or didnt use its thier word against ours with all these data caps comming in the world its amazing how every machine has to update and do more updates just to use more data maybe they will start a green internet government scam program just to monitor sizes of web pages like sugary drink and food your allowed use these companies all seem in cahoots just to make money how convienent putting a cap but making everything bigger and bigger to download i noticed just a weather channel page was 3meg with all the animations popups and advertisements. ok enough ranting BUY VERIZON HOME FUSION AT YOUR OWN RISK-DANGER MAY COST YOU A TON OF CASH

• 6. Re: VERIZON STEALS GB'S ON HOME FUSION PLAN

kevinyenny wrote:

Absolutely true I hear class action law suit comming

You heard wrong. here are some highlights of you the contract you signed.

YOU AND VERIZON WIRELESS BOTH AGREE TO RESOLVE DISPUTES ONLY BY
                    ARBITRATION OR IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. THERE'S NO JUDGE OR JURY IN ARBITRATION,
                    AND THE PROCEDURES MAY BE DIFFERENT, BUT AN ARBITRATOR CAN AWARD YOU THE SAME
                    DAMAGES AND RELIEF, AND MUST HONOR THE SAME TERMS IN THIS AGREEMENT, AS A COURT
                    WOULD. IF THE LAW ALLOWS FOR AN AWARD OF ATTORNEYS' FEES, AN ARBITRATOR CAN
                    AWARD THEM TOO. WE ALSO BOTH AGREE THAT:

(1) THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT APPLIES TO THIS AGREEMENT. EXCEPT FOR SMALL

CLAIMS COURT CASES THAT QUALIFY, ANY DISPUTE THAT IN ANY WAY RELATES TO OR

ARISES OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT OR FROM ANY EQUIPMENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES YOU

RECEIVE FROM US (OR FROM ANY ADVERTISING FOR ANY SUCH PRODUCTS OR SERVICES) WILL

BE RESOLVED BY ONE OR MORE NEUTRAL ARBITRATORS BEFORE THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION

ASSOCIATION ("AAA") OR BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU ("BBB").

(3) THIS AGREEMENT DOESN'T ALLOW CLASS OR COLLECTIVE ARBITRATIONS EVEN
                    IF THE AAA OR BBB PROCEDURES OR RULES WOULD.

• 7. Re: VERIZON STEALS GB'S ON HOME FUSION PLAN
                      HDTV.thx

I had Homefusion installed Friday 25 January 2013 to replace a Verizon 4G jet pack card I have been using for internet for almost two years. Monthly data usage was always between 8-12 gigs. On January 26 my data usage report showed a single 2g event. Two days later, another 2g event. Five days into the usage, my data usage showed a 7g event. I spent hours on the phone with Verizon tech support, opening t-shoot tickets and following up. Everyone I spoke with was nice, polite, pleasant, sympathetic and ultimately not able to help. Today, ten days after installation, my data usage report shows 17g. We have not changed our use patterns, do not do internet gaming nor do we stream video; no netflix etc for us. I just got off the phone verifying the cancellation process. You return the router to the store of purchase, they issue a cancellation ticket and the contract installation folks come and yank the cantenna, leaving the mounting bracket behind. I will say, the tech support lady acknowledged that she gets lots of calls about excessive data usage. Thanks to this forum, I managed to sort it out prior to the expiration of my 14-day window.

• 8. Re: VERIZON STEALS GB'S ON HOME FUSION PLAN
                        jdfrinzi

We had the same exact situation occur as HDTV.thx. We had HomeFusion installed on Wednesday 20 February 2013 to replace a Verizon 4G jet pack card. We used the internet to check emails, watched maybe a 5 minute video that day and shut everything down that night. The next day we had a huge spike in usage - up almost 10g in a 2-hour stretch. We only downloaded a very small Excel file and had no other devices connected to the internet. We called Verizon and they claimed something was downloaded like DirecTV. We explained to them that DirecTV is NOT connected to the HomeFusion system. We called the manager at our local store and he said he would take care of it so we will see. But we will be keeping a close eye on our billing for sure.

• 9. Re: VERIZON STEALS GB'S ON HOME FUSION PLAN
                          WirelessintheSticks

I am a new Home Fusion customer, and understanding of problems when rolling out "new" technology.  That said, this is a disaster in the making.  I have an 83% signal, and the internet flies, fantastic speed.  4G is a good thing.  But, being in the software industry, I soon saw that something was seriously wrong with the data algorithm on this service... and Verizon needs to fix it fast.  Bear in mind that monitoring data nationwide, with multiple devices, across numerous platforms, is a very, very challenging technical task... so give them somewhat of a break.

When you take a single device, and employ software to monitor port traffic/data volume, you soon see that you are charged a factor of 3 to 5 times (sometimes much, much, "crazy" more) the data volume that you use!!  But even more problematic, no household could afford this service the way it is set up.  Even with no Netflix, Youtube, gaming, or software updates!!!!  The typical "low use" household (kids doing their homework) will run out of data in 2 weeks or much less!

In fact, it is so bad that the thing charges you data when it is turned  off!!!  How could that be?!  I turned it off overnight only to see data  charges at 2 AM! 

So, hopefully verizon will get to the bottom of it.  It is really easy to test, but not so much to fix.  Give them time, but let them know that it is "not usable" in it's current state.

1 2 Previous Next