iMessage failed - time and date issues???
WheresMyiPhone5

Hi everyone,

For some reason beyond my comprehension, my i5 seems to jump about 30 minutes ahead of the actual time every night.
So, for example, i looked at my clock this morning and had a heart attack thinking i was late, and wondered why my alarm didn't go off on my iphone. But no, it decided to jump ahead 30 minutes last night and apparently confused itself and me.  iMessage was yelling at me telling me my time and date settings needed to be fixed, so, I reset network settings and rebooted and that seems to have made it go away, for now... EXCEPT that it did the same exact thing yesterday morning too.  I am in South FL, not sure if that makes any difference.

Any takers on this one or am I alone? THANKS IN ADVANCE

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iMessage failed - time and date issues???
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Not sure if this will have anything to do with it but do you have "Set Automatically" turned on in the Date & Time settings? If not, turn it on and see if that helps.

0 Likes
WheresMyiPhone5

Yep that is what I had it set on both times...I'm thinking of setting manually and seeing if it does it again tonight, but I still would love to know if its just MY phone or if there is some sort of Network issue down here. 
Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Oh ok....I haven't had the issue on my end but I am also not in South Florida. If you know anyone else with an iPhone 5 (or VZW service in general in your area) check with them to see if they have noticed anything odd. You might want to go ahead and contact VZW too.

0 Likes
gokitchens

I live in Tallahassee and I'm having the same issue with my iPhone 5. It has been changing the time at least once a day. I do a hard reset and it fixes it but then it happens again the next day. Must be some network issue.

0 Likes
marine3228

Yup, I am having the same issues daily and I live in Indiana and work in KY. I have to reboot it at least once  a day

0 Likes
Tannia

I am in Gainesville fl and i have been having this issue since Saturday.  I finally called tech support around 2 pm est when it happened again.  the guy had me restore the network settings and it corrected- but low and behold it changed time and date again around 4.  each time it resets to September 4 at 2 am.  its so annoying.  the guy promised me it would work.  i was skeptical that it would that i asked him to call me tomorrow to check and see if it did it again. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Also - and you probably did this, but I'll mention it since it can be overlooked, did you power down the phone fully, and restart it after the Network reset?

Have you also tried taking it OFF network update, powering down and then back up (to either confirm it's a network blip, or isolate it to your phone)?

Last - did the tech guy mention doing a full reset?  I'm guessing that would be your next thing if you can't rule anything else out or narrow it in the other methods.

0 Likes
Techsaavy

I was having the same problem in Greenville SC with both mine and my wife's iPhone 5's. I just got off the phone with Apple and they told me to check the time on my wireless router at home, that this could cause a problem and the shifting time problem. I haven't gotten back home to try this yet, curious if this will work for anyone else.

0 Likes
jayR02
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is a thread going on in apple forum about this issue. Seems like its a Verizon problem because its only happening to verizon customers. I made a YouTube video of the problem. Search  iPhone 5 date and time issue. Where are the tech support to fix this issue. Some people have done a Hard reset but still having the same problems. I just recently went to settings, general, reset, reset Network. I will let you know if this solved the issue. Btw I also did manual D&T and that didn't work. Plus if you put it to manual some apps require to have your D&T on automatic.

Maui Hawaii iPhone 5

0 Likes