3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2012 3:12 PM by breezex RSS

Emergency Call

mjs3

Screen shows keypad and "Emergency Call" message.  I am receiving calls but cannot get off of this screen.

I have pulled the battery and reset device 3 times.

• 1. Re: Emergency Call
          breezex

Try this first.  Turn off your phone, take out the SIM card, turn the phone on, turn the phone off, reinsert the SIM card, turn on the phone.

If that did not work, there could be two causes.

1.  It's the "real" emergency call screen that is stuck and you may need for Verizon to reactivate your phone and possibly a new SIM.

2. It's just a lock screen that says "Emergency Call" at at the bottom. It's waiting for you to unlock it with a PIN/Unlock code.

In the future a screen capture may help to provide a better answer.

• 2. Re: Emergency Call
            mjs3

thanks  the PIN worked   however when it times out or i power off i get the same Emergency Call screen back ...the pin does unlock it but any idea as to how to get rid of it permanently?

thanks again  at least i can use the device

now if you can figure out why it randomly throws away my old POP3 emails that would be great.  I have it set to 100 /30 days and am no where near that limit.  my server is set to NEVER remove emails until i tell it to

i can make no sense as to what pattern it follows.  sometimes it will show the last 40 sometime the last 10.

this is not happening on my Hotmail email.  it will save those unitl i toss them

• 3. Re: Emergency Call
              breezex

Glad the PIN worked.  Could you please mark you original question solved so others migh find the answer easily.

"however when it times out or i power off i get the same Emergency Call screen back ...the pin does unlock it but any idea as to how to get rid of it permanently?"

I don't use a protected lock screen, but does this work:  Menu > Settings > Security > Screen Lock > None

Email - I don't have a clue.