Just called trying to swap my Iphone 5 on another line on my family plan...
janebrewbaker
Enthusiast - Level 2

and a rep stated that they were unable to at the moment, and that the system was getting so many requests that they could not be done until after 12am tonight.  She didn't seem to say anything about having to get another SIM card, said she would give me a call back tomorrow and go through with the process.

I asked her if it would be any quicker in the store, she said it might or might not be.  Being as all information goes to the same place, more then likely she said it wouldn't matter.

If anyone has any input, please let me know. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Just called trying to swap my Iphone 5 on another line on my family plan...
black562

Seriously?  This is an absolute failure.  Why aren't any Verizon reps commenting like they were a few days ago when they said it was a simple and easy process?

0 Likes
janebrewbaker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes seriously.  This was before the phone was even activated or turned on as well. 

Not really sweating it, if I have to I'll forward my calls to this number for now, but not sure what to do about my texts.

Does seem as though Verizon should have been prepared well in advance for situations like these.  I'll probably stop by the store later and see how goes afterwards and report back. 

0 Likes
black562

Oh geat, so it also killed your current phone?  Why not just have them switch back?

0 Likes
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

I think VZW is working very hard but of course all this is really jamming their system and would never really be as ready as needed for such a huge response so once all slows down a bit this evening or by going to the store they should be able to make the switch no problems. i have to do the same thing and hope they will be able to transfer the phone by the time I get home this evening and get the package. if not, I'm pretty convenient to a VZW store so may try that route if the phone process is slow.

0 Likes
black562

It gets worse, now they say if you can't find a new sim card, you have to wait over 48 hours with no phone.  Not many stores have sim cards at all...some don't even know the iPhone takes one.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

and it takes a completey diff sim card then any other phone...........

good thinking there apple

0 Likes
blurayfreak
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have read SO many different posts this week with different instructions on how to handle this. My iPhone is due to arrive in the next hour via FedEx and now I'm confused.

1. Do I or do I not activate it before I attempt the swap?

2. Is it a given that the Nano SIM will have to be swapped if I'm changing number?

3. Is the Nano SIM card truly necessary for the phone to work (I've even heard different answers to this question, believe it or not. Someone in another thread said it would actually work okay without it but wouldn't make international calls)?

Does anyone have a success story today on how they accomplished this? I'm definitely all ears!

0 Likes
BaylorDude
Enthusiast - Level 2

What they should of done is assign the sim card with the correct cell number that it will be activate on, for example my sons line had an upgrade available so I used it to the the iPhone 5, of course the sim card is assigned to his phone however the rep set it up to turn on under my phone number, on my 2nd iPhone 5 I opened a new line to get my wife one, however the rep did not do the same and yeah no stores have the 4G sim card.. Verizon really dropped the ball on this

0 Likes
heyitsmejosh
Contributor - Level 2

i looks like its possible if you DO NOT TURN ON THE PHONE.. go online to my verzion go to activate and switch device and do it there. i cant confirm this at this time since my fedex guy is awful and hasnt shown up yet lol

0 Likes