3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2012 9:27 PM by bandito707 RSS

Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Adding GPS Location Info To Pictures

pruiz

I have turned on GPS tagging in the camera settings and have GPS turned on but whenever I take a picture the phone doesn't geotag my photos.  The GPS icon is showing on the lcd when I take a photo and the GPS works on all my other programs so I'm not sure what the problem is.  Anyone else experiencing this problem?

• 1. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Adding GPS Location Info To Pictures
          breezex

How are you testing to see if the geotag is working or not?  Take a picture, open Gallery, go to Camera, find the picture, open it, touch Menu, touch Show on map.  Does it show on a map.  If so geotag is working.  Or you can copy the photo to your PC, open it with something like Picasa Photo Editor and look at the EXIF info for Longitude and Latitude. Or open it on your PC with Windows Photo Viewer and look at properties.

• 2. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Adding GPS Location Info To Pictures
            pruiz

I think I found the problem.  I have instant upload turned on so when I go to Goggle Plus and download the files so I have a copy on my laptop, much of the EXIF data gets stripped.  When I email the pictures from my phone to my yahoo account and download them to my laptop from there, all the EXIF data, including GPS info, is still there.

• 3. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Not Adding GPS Location Info To Pictures
              bandito707

I am having this issue too. I verified I have the GPS Tag option on my camera and know my GPS works from various other programs like navigation, ect.  However, when I download my photos there is no GPS coordinates or location info.  I tried emailing the photos to myself to like pruiz mentioned, but they still have no EXIF data.