Home Fusion dropping EVERYDAY
ryanvt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just had Home Fusion installed a couple weeks ago. The service is fantastic when it is running. However over the last week or so the connection has dropped at least twice a day. The problem appears to be at the antenna and not the router since the only way I have found to get signal back is to unplug the power supply to the outside antenna. After doing this Internet access returns so I was wondering if there cold be something tong with the antenna or some update I need to run.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Home Fusion dropping EVERYDAY
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ryanvt,

I feel your pain! I want you to have constant service without having to unplug the power supply to outside antenna. Try rebooting http://is.gd/RbtCantenna the Cantenna and test. I trust that this procedure will resolve your concerns. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
wrathstorm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have also had a few days where the 4G LTE light goes yellow instead of green, sometimes when this happens and you look at the router web interface it shows the status as connecting instead of connected.  A fix procedure I have found is to go into Advanced/HBR Advanced Settings/Reboot HBA.  After the HBA is rebooted, you may need to reboot the HBR as well.  My connection dropped today while I was in a GoTo Meeting with a customer.  Luckily we were not in the middle of a critical procedure.  As I was trying to upload this reply, my connection dropped.  Talk about timing.

The other issue I am having is with corrupted downloads.  I have downloaded several large files that when I attemt to extract the data, the programs state that they are corrupted.  This is VERY frustrating since we are billed on a usage basis and having to download the same file multiple times uses up my quota very quickly.  I have tried to update my iPhone to iOS6 3 times today and each time the download errors out.  I must have "wasted" at least 300-400MB on that today alone.

0 Likes
EJS_CE172
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem. So are you saying with your comments that this is the norm and customers just need to reboot the server every time this happens. That is how I am reading your post and you are Verizon Support. That doesn't give me a good feeling about HomeFusion. My system was just installed about 3 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks service and connection have been super. Downloads of 10mbps or greater. I also get corrupted files, had to download OS6 3 times. Now, in the last week I've had to reboot the antenna several times. Called support and we did what I was going to do anyway, reboot the cantenna. What's funny, there are 2 lights on the cantenna and even when the internet is down those lights and the 4G light are all green. Verizon needs to put a little more effort to figuring this out.

0 Likes
wongat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this same issue. The only thing I can do is unplug the router and also the the cantenna. I am not sure what else to do. I do not have the protection plan and wondering if it is too late to sign up for it. I've only had the service for about 3-4 weeks and I understand it will cost at least $150 for someone to take a look at why the service keeps dropping. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

0 Likes
wongat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried rebooting the cantenna and I am still having intermittent internet connectivity. I'm thinking it may be the cantenna. When I got disconnected, I went outside to check the cantenna. Directly underneath the unti if you are looking from left to right are 2 lights. I noticed when the internet is connected both lights are green. However the moment I am running into internet connection issues, the light on the right turns to red, then a flashing red and then it may go to a blue color and then green and then back to blue and then flashing red. Inside the house the colors on the router are all flashing green and my computer still shows all bars indicating that I am connected.

So it seems the cantenna may be having issues transmitting the info to the router or receiving info? Any suggestions? The bad part is when I was having these issues I was in the middle of a timed exam and needless to say as a result of this issue, I failed the exam due to me not being able to answer all the exam questions.

0 Likes
ryanvt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do have an open support ticket with Verizon on this.  Last I had heard from the support person was they vendors THINK they have a solution but it would not be attempted until sometime this week.  Only other thing I can add is this really is quite irritating that I have not gone a full day in WEEKS without needing to reboot the cantenna.  Haven't heard a peep from them about "well since our service isnt performing as we promised we will compensate you" or anything like that.  The support person has been polite but the reliability of this service has been poor.  I love it when it runs, I hope they figure it out.  But Verizon Wireless people if you are out there, this isnt just one person with this issue.

scott21
Contributor - Level 2

My homefusion never went down once now it does alot more like 2 times off and on during the week.

0 Likes
EJS_CE172
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is my message to Verizon and to anyone who wants to purchase Home Fusion. DON'T. Until Verizon get's off their butts and figures out why this is happening, I wouldn't dare tell my friends to sign up, I'd be afraid it would do it to them in just a few days. My neighbor down the street was interested, I told him to stay away. Already today it's dropped at least twice. I've called support to no avail. I am going to check into taking this to the Texas Attorney Generals office. I think with all the comments, there is much to be said. There is obviously a major problem and Verizon isn't owning up to it. I might even put this in the local papers as a letter to the editor or call Wayne Dolcefino at channel 13 news in Houston to investigate. Got nothing to loose, there are other providers out there. I like this service, would like it better if it worked the way it's portrayed in their store ads.

Protagonist

I too am having problems.

I just tried to download Office 2013 (682 MB) and when I ran the SHA1 checksum to verify the file was properly downloaded, it didn't match the proper checksum, indicating that not every byte was transferred properly. So I downloaded it again, and this time I got a different SHA1 checksum, which was also not the proper checksum. I tried rebooting the cantenna and the router, but am still not able to download a copy with the proper checksum. Wow, that will eat into my usage limits real quick!

The first few months of service were flawless, but something changed about 6 weeks ago. I notice that occasionally the router blinks yellow on the 4G connection, yet everything seems to work. Eventually it goes back to green. Also once or twice a day, usually late night or early morning, everything just stops working. If I leave it, it will usually reconnect, but sometimes, it won't until I reboot the cantenna (not the router).

I love the service, when it's working. I regularly get around 30 Mb/s downloads and 17 Mb/s uploads. But of course, fast speed isn't much good if the data transfers are wrong.

0 Likes