iphone 4 to 5 upgrade
av8or2
Enthusiast - Level 2

both my wife and i have iphone 4 with unlimited data.. we are both qualified for an upgrade and are going with the iphone5.. will our unlimited data carry over? thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 4 to 5 upgrade
21stNow
Master - Level 1

No, not if you get the iPhones 5 using the upgrade pricing.  You can choose either a tiered data plan or the Share Everything plan.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

av8or2 wrote:

both my wife and i have iphone 4 with unlimited data.. we are both qualified for an upgrade and are going with the iphone5.. will our unlimited data carry over? thanks

No. You will be required to select the tiered data plan if you choose to upgrade at the two year contract price. You can keep unlimited data when purchasing at full retail price.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
av8or2
Enthusiast - Level 2

i was told that we were "grandfathered" in when we did the unlimited data plan.. that sucks if verizon lied to us.. what are our options? don't want to pay full price..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ninja'd!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

av8or2 wrote:

i was told that we were "grandfathered" in when we did the unliomited data plan.. that ***** if verizon lied to us.. what are our options? don't want to pay full price..

That was true at the last upgrade. It has since changed  when the Share Everything plans came out. New contract, new policies.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

, true!

To the OP, I gave you your two options (not including paying full price) in my first post.  I'm sure that there are other creative options (ask for someone to buy it for you, wait and buy it on ebay), but these are too far out of the box to be realistic in the near future.

0 Likes
av8or2
Enthusiast - Level 2

that's not right.. we were told we would be grandfathered.. why is verizon suddenly doing this?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

av8or2 wrote:

that's not right.. we were told we would be grandfathered.. why is verizon suddenly doing this?

Not suddenly at all. The removal of grandfathering the smartphone data plan has been in place since June 28, 2012.

0 Likes
av8or2
Enthusiast - Level 2

i guess it's time to move to another carrier.. verizon, this is not right.. you coaxed us to pay extra to get the unlimited data with the promise that we were grandfathered in..

0 Likes