5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2012 6:57 AM by BDA RSS

Upgrading Phone and Data Plan

swimmer341

Hey Guys,

I have an iPhone 4S with unlimited data and can upgrade my phone in July of 2013. Considering all of my family has their upgrade in July of 2013, is there any way of my sister using her upgrade then giving me the phone, and using my upgrade to get herself a phone, and still let me stay with the unlimited data? I know this is confusing, but is there any way of me getting the new iPhone, or a 4G LTE capable cell phone and still keep my unlimited data without paying the original price of the phone?

Thans,

Tom

• 1. Re: Upgrading Phone and Data Plan
          Ann154

swimmer341 wrote:

Hey Guys,

I have an iPhone 4S with unlimited data and can upgrade my phone in July of 2013. Considering all of my family has their upgrade in July of 2013, is there any way of my sister using her upgrade then giving me the phone, and using my upgrade to get herself a phone, and still let me stay with the unlimited data? I know this is confusing, but is there any way of me getting the new iPhone, or a 4G LTE capable cell phone and still keep my unlimited data without paying the original price of the phone?

Thans,

Tom

Once you use your upgrade, you lose the unlimited data plan. It doesn't matter where the phone you purchased ends up on your line or another's.

• 2. Re: Upgrading Phone and Data Plan
            spete1

I think if you have a family share program with unlimited data,  you can add a line for $10.00 per month up to five lines.  Then use that for the new iphone.  You wouldn't be changing your contract.  Check with Verizon sales.  I hope that helps

Susan

• 3. Re: Upgrading Phone and Data Plan
              gina7239

Does she have unlimited?  If she is giving you an upgrade now and she doesent have unlimited you will be fine untill she wants to upgrade then add a line or maybe later the share everything might make sense or vzw might change plans again.

If she has unlimited just add a line no matter if it's on the same plan as you or not. You can add a line no matter if it's on the same plan or different level meaning different bill etc. There's ways around the 5line rule you can do an individual plan etc.

• 4. Re: Upgrading Phone and Data Plan
                gina7239

If all of you can't upgrade untill 2013 they won't let you do an early upgrade especially iPhone so you would either pay full retail or add line no matter if you have unlimited or not.

If you transfer the upgrade online the person useing upgrade would possibly lose plan. It happen to a relatives account of mine if the recipient has unlimited. My brother moved an upgrade then used it on the other line then it made that line choose a plan other then unlimited.

Could be a mistake.

• 5. Re: Upgrading Phone and Data Plan
                  BDA

Not sure this is the same, but I just upgraded my sons basic phone to an iPhone and then moved the iPhone to my line and put his basic phone back onto his line and kept my unlimited data.