Droid X2 won't power on
tlovell214

My husband has a Droid X2, we got ours in May. About a month and a half ago he dropped it and cracked the screen but it has run fine otherwise. Today he used it at work to text me, put it in his locker and got it out when he went to go home and it won't power on. He said the battery wasn't low when he put it in the locker and that when he put it on the charger, not even a red light came on (like it does when the battery is dead and needs charging). Anyone else have this issue or a solution (that hopefully doesn't involve having to take it to Verizon for repair). ??

0 Likes
Re: Droid X2 won't power on
betsyday

i am having the same problem - right now - nothing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This definitely sounds like a problem! I suggest removing the battery, cleaning the battery ports on the phone and battery with a clean cloth, re-assembling the phone, and retesting. If that doesn't work, I recommend filing an insurance claim (if you have insurance) here: http://bit.ly/07CrqPK  Let us know the outcome of your situation!

Regards,

MikeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CLevette

I'm having the same issue with my Droid X. If I turn my phone off for the night (charging or not), I have problems turning it back it. It may take anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 1/2 hours to get it to come back on. If I turn it off to charge it, I don't get anything. I've called VZWSupport twice and each time the people tell me that I've done something to the phone and make me think that I'm crazy. I'm glad to see that it's not just me having this problem. This is a TECHNICAL problem that too many people are experiencing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi CLevette,

I reviewed the device info to see if we had any updates on this trouble yet. I do see that Motorola has indicated that if this issues is continuously happening a factory reset will be needed. I recommend backing all your information up first to ensure that your important documents are stored. To complete the reset follow the steps on http://bit.ly/oV4Meh. Please keep us posted with the status of the device.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the op's having a problem because the phone was dropped, not just powering on.

0 Likes