Droid Bionic ICS Update
drusafa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why is Verizon stiffing there customers on ICS update for the Bionic? It seems that Motorola has done there part and delivered the builds on time. You can tell by the leaks out there. So what gives Verizon?? Get you act together and release already. Yes, I know it's not the only phone your late on (HTC, Flag phone Razr fix) and being so late on all these phones must cause a head ache. Excuses excuses... Just get your act together already. The update is over a month late.  I pay a phat bill monthly, the least you as a company can do is be on time! At the very least you could keep your customers in the loop is stead of ignoring or giving "run around" answers. Oh, Please keep the bloatware off my phone!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Bionic ICS Update
lesgata

The reason Verizon did not release ICS for Bionic yet seems to be inconsistencies with it on different bionic phones.  Flash worked for some but not others (fixed now with the latest version of Adobe Flash Player) and some get a boost to 1.2ghz and some don't.  There are some other bugs that Verizon is dealing with and do not want to push out ICS before it is ready like they did with the Razr.  Even with the latest leak, 6.7.242, some bionics still only get 1.0ghz and some get 1.2ghz.  This may be the last thing Verizon is working on, either to get all to be at 1.2ghz or to keep everyone at 1.0ghz if they cannot succeed.  Different bionics have different revisions of cpu's and some might not be stable at 1.2ghz. I hope they can succeed at 1.2ghz for all.

0 Likes
drusafa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for giving some communication on the update. All the silence on the matter was disconcerting. A news release would be nice to keep the channel of communication open, and would help to keep your customers informed. Glad to hear there is progress being made. Hoping for the 1.2ghz to work. It would sure be nice to hear something from Verizon or Motorola, so far nothing solid has been said. ICS hasn't made it out yet and they are talking about the phone possible getting Jelly Bean. Don't get me wrong, bring on the Jelly Bean but address the first problem before trying to perk up users with new hope.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes