1 2 Previous Next 13 Replies Latest reply: Sep 7, 2012 5:43 AM by lewisr13 RSS

I HATE Verizon

cassi19m

Our services have been suspended, and since its a holiday offices are closed so I cant even call in to make arrangements! Thanks verizon but we will be switching companies now

• 1. Re: I HATE Verizon
          Ann154

Why didn't you call before the holiday and before your service was shut off?

• 2. Re: I HATE Verizon
            cassi19m

I didnt know my services would be disconnected, apparently a payment didn't go through and that is why would have been nice to know

• 3. Re: I HATE Verizon
              Ann154

For you to be cut off, you must have been habitually late paying your bill. There are several methods available to customers to verify a payment was received. Your MyVerizon account online, dialing #BAL on your phone, calling *611 for customer service and asking the and probably other methods I'm not familiar with. There is also the Financial Services for Verizon that you could have been in contact with to make payments arrangements ahead of time.

• 4. Re: I HATE Verizon
                lingo

Customer Service is open today and so is Financial Service. There is a higher than normal wait for F/S but they're still open.

Bills are bills they are there every month. Just pay it and don't throw blame.

• 5. Re: I HATE Verizon
                  commonsense101

enjoy your straight talk phone

• 6. Re: I HATE Verizon
                    whoisdebbie

I disagree with what you said that a bill must be habitually late in order for Verizon to cut off service. I had a text that said Verizon needed to speak with me, with a number to call. I called the number and was told, by a recording, that my service was going to be shut off that day. I was one month late and next payment wasn't due until the 8th, (the text came in on Aug 31). I have auto pay so my bill is never late. Prior to this the card number on file had been compromised so I was issued a new number. I immediately went online to enter the new card number, but obviously I did not complete the process correctly. So, my payment for that month did not go through. No one contacted me when that happened back on the 8th of August. Instead on the 31 of August I am told that my service will be shut down within 24 hours. Even though my bill is always paid on time, I only had to miss my payment for ONE month to be told I would have an 'interruption' in service if a payment was not made within 24 hours. And, I have been a Verizon customer for 12 years with auto pay, (no late payments),  which obviously doesn't mean anything to Verizon. So be cautious before you make assumptions.

• 7. Re: I HATE Verizon
                      great2012

I'm in full agreement right about now!  I decided I wanted a different phone with another carrier and called immediately after my number was "ported out" whatever that means, and I was told by one rep that this would take a few days and then I could change the plan on the remaining line.  I have since found out that since I've taken the number with me, they are going to charge me for a full cycle of service, which sucks.  So for anyone who doesn't know this, if you're switching plans, make sure you do it right before the billing cycle ends, so you can avoid being ripped off.  I'm told all companies do this, so beware!!!

• 8. Re: I HATE Verizon
                        mdram4x4

great2012 wrote:

I'm in full agreement right about now!  I decided I wanted a different phone with another carrier and called immediately after my number was "ported out" whatever that means, and I was told by one rep that this would take a few days and then I could change the plan on the remaining line.  I have since found out that since I've taken the number with me, they are going to charge me for a full cycle of service, which *****.  So for anyone who doesn't know this, if you're switching plans, make sure you do it right before the billing cycle ends, so you can avoid being ripped off.  I'm told all companies do this, so beware!!!

many times its cheaper to charge a full cycle

examples:1. you have a 700min plan and have used 600 with 15 days left

stopping the plan would cause you to incurr 250min overage and your allowable min are prorated

example 2. you have used 3.5 gb of data with 15 days left on a 5gb plan

you would have 1.5gb overage as again its prorated

• 9. Re: I HATE Verizon
                          great2012

I'm sure whoever you are, you must work for Verizon so that response is obviously biased.  However the scenario you've presented is not the case for me.  I never exceeded my minutes and had no need or use for data plans.  My real concern is that whoever decided on this "marketing plan" or lack there of, was obviously not thinking long term.  Plans only last so long and people switch all the time, I'm sure.  I may even have considered returning to Verizon at some point, if my current service was to turn out to be disagreeable or if you offered something better.  However, and I will leave it at this, this is a VERY POOR MARKETING STRATEGY!!  At this point, I will NEVER return to Verizon and I will be sure to ask a myriad of questions should I ever decide to switch my service again (thank you for that)...you've lost a customer (as I'm, unfortunately, not very forgiving and I have a very long memory) who had a long history with your company, and for a measly $100 or so, (I applaud your marketing/finance personnel).  You've decided to neglect a very basic accounting/marketing strategy of fostering goodwill for your organization through fair and proper treatment of past customers. I won't forget.

1 2 Previous Next