My LG Lucid keeps turning itself off
long7489

I haven't had any problems with it, until recently. I've had it about three or four months, and now it just randomly turns itself off. It just started doing this yesterday, and today it's happened six or seven times. I do use my phone a lot, I listen to music when I go to class and I use it to keep track of assignments and club meetings and such. I also text and use the internet a lot. I charge it every night, and sometimes during the day because the battery drains so fast sometimes. I don't know if it's something that I'm doing that's wrong, or if it's my phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My LG Lucid keeps turning itself off
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you install an application shortly before this started?  It might be an application conflict.  You can also try Safe Mode for your phone to see if happens in that mode.  If it doesn't happen then it was a third party app.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

It might be a loose battery.

0 Likes
long7489

No, I recently deleted all the apps I don't use.

0 Likes
long7489

What can I do if it is a loose battery? I have it taped in there so it doesn't fall out if I drop it or something.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

The battery shouldn't be loose, and you shouldn't need to tape it in. Do you drop the phone often? Does the back fit tightly.

I'd try a new battery, and a new back if necessary. Do you have a VZW store near by? Let them take a look.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

long7489, I'm sorry your phone is powering off and on. I understand how frustrating it can be to have issues with your device. The community suggestions are correct, please try safe mode to find out if an app is causing the issue. If you continue to have issues, you can perform a hard reset back to the factory settings. Please keep us posted. If the the phone was physically damaged or damaged by water, you will also continue to have issues. ^KH

0 Likes