Backup Assistant - Sync Service Failed message
Tresninos5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Backup Assistant stopped working on my Samsung Charge with both Auto-Sync and Manual mode.  I get the error message "Sync Service Failed - Failed to read data from Android Contacts Provider".  Any solutions to how to fix this?

Re: Backup Assistant - Sync Service Failed message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Tresninos5!

I know what a bummer it is not having the contacts backed up! Let's try this: Go to Settings> Applications> Manage Apps> All> Backup Assistant, then tap 'Clear cache/Clear data', then reboot the device and retry the back up. If possible, uninstall and reinstall the app if the above steps fail. Keep me posted!

Thanks!
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Tresninos5
Enthusiast - Level 1

That worked!. My contacts are backing up again.

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
snoop9
Enthusiast - Level 1

mine is doing the same thing and I just tried this and it did not work... I get Error code 10??

0 Likes
jungleprincess

this didn't work for me...why the heck have i wasted an afternoon on this??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jungleprincess!

Yikes, sorry that did not work for you. I know troubleshooting can be time consuming, but we definitely want to get your issue resolved. What happened when you tried the above steps? Did you receive the same error message? Can I have you Go to Settings> Applications> Manage Apps> All> Sync Service then tap 'Clear data/Force stop'. Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw

0 Likes
snoop9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you Verizon finally after months the above helped and it synced

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Snoop9, I'm glad your issue was resolved!

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
runningmom

Coincidentally I found this thread while googling Verizon Sync Service Error while I was on the phone with a first-level Verizon rep who was trying fruitlessly to fix the problem.  by the time I got transferred to a Tech rep, I had followed your instructions and that fixed the sync, which is a good thing because I then lost the connection with the rep, while on my Verizon FIOS landline, I might add.

By the way, the rep just called me back and I told him what happened.  He got a laugh out of that and said they often google for the same reason to see if it is a known problem.

Next time I'll turn to forums first.

0 Likes
CROZZROADZ

I am having the same issue. I tried your directions and it did not help. Deleted cache and removed/reinstalled battery- no help.

0 Likes