1 2 3 Previous Next 111 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2012 2:58 AM by HouseofPanda RSS

Galaxy S3 Worst Cell Service Of Any Phone EVER!

BigClyde

Does anyone share my feelings that the Samsung Galaxy S3 has the worst cell service in the history of cell phones?  My Droid Incredible that never took an update, still running original Android 2.0, got better cell service than my Galaxy S3.  At my desk at work, my Incredible could make/receive calls, send/receive texts, run pandora, or browse the internet with 3G service.  At the very same desk, my Galaxy S3, can NOT make/receive calls, can NOT run pandora without constant buffering (play for 30 seconds, buffer for 5 minutes), and can NOT browse the internet.  Half of the time the Galaxy S3 says that no service is available.  Approximately 30% of the time, it has 1x service.  10% of the time it gets 3G and the other 10% of the time it gets 4G.  Seriously, how can this phone be touted as the best on the market when a 3 year old phone running 3 year old software gets better service?  This piece of junk should be recalled.  I feel embarrassed that I bought this terrible device.

And yes, when it has service or you are doing something where cell service is not necessary, it is a fantastic device.  But how often is it that you do not need service with a cell phone...

Come on Samsung, Verizon, send out a radio update or send me a phone that can get enough service to make calls from within a building.  At least I can narrow down my future purchases by eliminating the possibility of every buying another Samsung device of any kind.

• 1. Re: Galaxy S3 Worst Cell Service Of Any Phone EVER!
          rikinnamon

Once again this is the Samsung story.  POOR RECEPTION (if any at all)  The Facinate had the same issue.  They had to do an update and the service was much better.  Here I am again, just like BigClyde, sitting in my office (by an open window, but that doesn't matter, because it is no different outside) and calls do not go through, missed calls, dropped calls.  Same thing at my home.  I use this phone for business and I am embarassed to take calls on it.

I see that there are numerous postings starting to show up about service with this phone.  VERIZON and SAMSUNG - this had better be a FAST FIX.

• 2. Re: Galaxy S3 Worst Cell Service Of Any Phone EVER!
            CynS

Mine is less than a week old and I can barely hear anyone when I use it, calls break up, keep getting dropped. Had a 2 year old Droid and never had that issue.  I had heard/read such great things about this, but I am very underwhelmed so far. 

• 3. Re: Galaxy S3 Worst Cell Service Of Any Phone EVER!
              Carrucan

BigClyde wrote:

Does anyone share my feelings that the Samsung Galaxy S3 has the worst cell service in the history of cell phones?  ....

No, I don't agree.  I find it comparable to the Galaxy S2, which I thought had great sound (poor T-Mo signal).  The S3 has been great.  Excellent reception under poor conditions.  Crisp sound.  I also use it with wired headphones and bluetooth.  Zero complaints.  I barely have 3G out in the sticks and I have no problem streaming pandora or using Google Music.  When I travel to an area of 4G coverage, that coverage and service is great and impressive.  The upgrade from the S2 is underwhelming, but the device overall has been excellent for me with great reception, excellent voice quality, and superb data speeds.   

• 4. Re: Galaxy S3 Worst Cell Service Of Any Phone EVER!
                droidsw

This post and the title are irresponsible. Count me as pro-free speech, but just because YOU have issues, how DARE you put words in my mouth, or anyone else that DOESN'T have issues, or make such a blanket statement. This post should be deleted.

I have had phones with issues. This is NOT one. 

If you have issues, contact Verizon. Otherwise, stop acting like a spoiled child that is upset because their toy doesn't perform like they want it to.

• 5. Re: Galaxy S3 Worst Cell Service Of Any Phone EVER!
                  benton2012

When it works, all is good and the sound is fine, but I get dropped calls with a "no sim" error at many locations.  Something is wrong with these phones.

• 6. Re: Galaxy S3 Worst Cell Service Of Any Phone EVER!
                    MacPhyle

I don't agree at all. My previous phone was a Droid 2, and that's where I had terrible phone service. That is, when hitting the dial button on the Droid 2, 10 seconds would pass before I heard any dial tone! That phone was full of lag. But with the GS3, not so. If you're having such terrible problems, and if you know that Verizon's reception in your area isn't at fault, then I'd be taking that phone back to the store where I'd insist on a new phone.

• 7. Re: Galaxy S3 Worst Cell Service Of Any Phone EVER!
                      BigClyde

If it were only my phone, I would take it back to Verizon.  However, my coworker also has a Galaxy S3 and gets the same crappy service, he sits in the next cube approximately three feet from me.  I really just think the phone is bad.

My coworker had a Droid X previously.  At his desk and at his home, he had good service; streaming videos, streaming music, etc.  With the S3, at his home, he can not even make a phone call.  It is always searching for service.

• 8. Re: Galaxy S3 Worst Cell Service Of Any Phone EVER!
                        Antioch

Also had a Droid 1 for two years, and I agree wholeheartedly that the S3 in comparison is absolutely horrid for placing or receiving calls. Within the first week with the S3 I racked up more dropped calls than in all two years with the Droid.

• 9. Re: Galaxy S3 Worst Cell Service Of Any Phone EVER!
                          AZSALUKI

motorolla has a track record of superior radios. samsung has a track record of inferior radios. that being said, my wife's gsiii has not had any issues. no dropped calls and it sounds just fine.

1 2 3 Previous Next