Unsupported Picture Format when sending MMS
baw0012

Just got the ICS update and now I can't send downloaded pictures in .jpg format through SMS/MMS using the stock messaging application.  Didn't have this problem prior to the ICS update.  I've already scoured the web for a solution but I haven't found anything.  I can convert the picture to .png format and it seems to work fine, but having to download > convert > send just seems ridiculous.  Anyone know whats going on?

On a related note, it also seems like the stock gallery isn't reading albums anymore.  It will only read new content taken by the camera, but not downloaded from apps/web. 

I've been waiting forever for this ICS and now that I've got it, it seems to be a huge disappointment.  It's largely watered down and is causing nothing but problems. 

HTC Rezound.

0 Likes
Re: Unsupported Picture Format when sending MMS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello baw0012,

The HTC Rezound is an incredible smartphone with an almost endless amount of functionalities! Paired with the Dr. Dre Beats Audio earphones and the Rezound deliver an audio experience that SUPER extraordinary! When you received the ICS update on your device, may I ask did you manually do a factory reset? If not then I encourage that this step is taken as it has been known to assist with minor concerns after the software update. Below is a link on how to complete the reset on the Rezound:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=48345

Prior to completing the factory reset, I recommend backing up all of your personal information that’s on the phone. Backup Assistant can be used to archive contacts. Also, the default Gmail account can save the contacts and calendar entries. After the reset, there is a brief tutorial on how to reactivate and re-setup the device. Once you have completed this tutorial, please test call voice and data functions as well as your ability to send and receive picture messages. Also, please ensure that the functionality of the stock gallery is working as well. Once you have done so then please reply with your findings as your results may help another community member in the future.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
baw0012

Thanks, but HTC figured this out a week ago. 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

It could be really helpful to other users of you would post the solution here. Also, then customer service would have known that you had your issue resolved.

0 Likes