1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 10, 2012 4:17 AM by Verizon Wireless Customer Support RSS

Check data usage/Add a phone to Myverizon

mdj

My mother and I each bought an Android phone today with a 2gb shared plan. When I went to check data usage on her phone, it required a username/phone number and a password. As far as I know, we didn't have a preexisting account, so I made a new one using her phone number. I can now check our data usage on her phone, but not mine. When I put in the username and password on my phone, it says they do not match.

I should be able to check our data usage on both phones, and they should be the same because we are on a shared plan. I can't figure out how I can do that.

• 1. Re: Check data usage/Add a phone to Myverizon
          Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Hello mdj,

I’m glad to see that you are being proactive in monitoring your data usage! This is the BEST way to determine how much data you and your mother truly use in a month. May I ask what make and model phone do you and your mother have? On My Verizon, each mobile number has to register for its own username and password in order to manage the account. So if you try to log in using your mom’s info on your phone then it will not work. Also, keep in mind that only one mobile number would have to be assigned as the account owner online. If you need assistance with registering your number on My Verizon then please reply as I am eager to assist!

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
          Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport