iCloud mail not syncing with Droid RAZR
stuartdo

On July 24th, 2012 iCloud mail stopped syncronizing with my Droid RAZR.  My wife and I have identical phones, and have currently active and functional iCloud accounts on Mac. Both of our phones had functional email syncronization before AND AFTER ICS updates.  No new dowloands or settings changes have occured.  I have ensured that we are using the correct manual settings xxx@mac.com, PW, imap settings mail.mac.com, port 993, SSL

I have tried using imap.mail.me.com and that does not work either. I tried the p07- prefix, and that too does not work. The only error it providfes is that it cannot connect to the server, and no other information is provided.

I was on with verizon support, apple support, and motorola support and no one knows what has happened or has any solution.

Have others encountered this problem recently? I have seen postings from last year on this, but nothing recently.

If others have solutions, please post.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iCloud mail not syncing with Droid RAZR
B33
Legend

Give this Link a Look to see if it can get you Up n Running Again:

http://www.iphoneandroidtips.org/android/how-to-set-up-icloud-mail-services-on-android-phone-and-tab...

0 Likes
Titus423

This link doesn't work for me.  I've been having the same problem with iCloud since I updated to ICS last weekend. I've used all the suggestions I've found on the web, without any luck.  Does anyone know how to fix this??  Is there a 3rd party e-mail client I can use?? 

0 Likes
adamnyc240
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem.  Took me a long time to figure out but just got it working with Motorola level 2 support.  For some reason the settings changed and they are different settings that what I got to work using the K-9 app.  Basically, you need to change the incoming and outgoing server settings from what they were!   incoming server is imap.mail.me.com.  Use port 993, ssl/tls (accept all certificates) and authentication method should be LOGIN.  Outgoing settings should be smtp.mac.com with port 587, require sign-in, authentication method is PLAIN

nhlevin

adamnyc240, thanks for the great tip.  One more thing I had to discover in order to get this working with ICS on my Razr Maxx, DO NOT add the @mac.com or @me.com after the username for either the incoming or outgoing server!  Also, I'm using smtp.me.com, though may not matter.  Lastly, I believe that you have to Require the sign-in so that you get the PLAIN authentication option.

Good luck all.  This was a royal and unnecessary pain in the arse!  Hopefully, many more folks wont have to go through this to get iCoud working on the fanciest, most expensive devices running the latest OS!!

0 Likes
gribblette
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am so grateful to adamnyc240.  This solution worked for me the first time I tried it, after spending hours on the phone with Verizon, Apple, and others.  Thanks very, very much.

0 Likes
techheadache

I, too am very grateful to adamnyc240 - I was at Verison for hours and nobody could help me.  I have set up my mail successfully on SEVEN other Android but could not figure out how to get my icloud set up on my new Razr Maxx HD.

I scoured the Internet and tried several things with no luck until I found this thread.  Thank you SOOO much!

0 Likes