1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 23, 2012 6:27 PM by eddiechi RSS

Asurion backorder - Samsung Galaxy S3

Sundubious

I had the bad luck of losing my Samsung Galaxy S3 last Sunday.  I called Asurion and filed a claim only to be told that the phone is on back order and there is no timetable as to when I will be receiving a replacement.  I have been a customer of Verizon Wireless for over 11 years and have paid insurance for those 11 years. In those 11 years, I filed 1 claim. 

It has been 5 days since I filed a claim and still no update from Asurion. Bottom line, why am I paying for insurance when it doesn't even help you out right away?  They didn't even offer a loaner until the stock is available.  I called Verizon and they said it's a separate company and they can't do anything about it when they have plenty of SIIIs in their inventory. 

Anyone else have similar stories or dealt with Asurion? 11 years x $5 monthly average  = $660 and for that you get this...

Your equipment is placed on back order. When your equipment becomes available, Asurion will contact you to complete your claim.

You can also conveniently check your claim status online at www.phoneclaim.com.

For any future visits, your Claim ID XXXXXXXXX and Wireless Number, will be required to access your claim information.

Thank you for allowing us to serve you.

Asurion
      Your Technology Protection Company

• 1. Re: Asurion backorder - Samsung Galaxy S3
          eddiechi

Hello,

Im curious about the same thing...  I damaged my Razr Maxx and had to file a claim with Assurion today and they sent me the same email that the phone was not available and on backorder and they have no idea when they will have more in stock??

Your equipment is placed on back order. When your equipment becomes available, Asurion will contact you to complete your claim.

You can also conveniently check your claim status online at www.phoneclaim.com.

For any future visits, your Claim ID XXXXXXXXX and Wireless Number, will be required to access your claim information.

Thank you for allowing us to serve you.

Asurion
          Your Technology Protection Company

---Is this a common issue with the total protection warranty?  How long are we suppose to wait to have a phone again? A week, a month????