1 2 3 Previous Next 79 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2013 7:38 PM by timgriffin2 RSS

Galaxy S3 - very weak wireless signal

ClementBPhotography

I just received my beautiful pebble blue S3 and I must say it's a beautiful phone.  With that said, the connectivity is horrible!  WiFi seems to be weak at best and I have yet to surf without my connection dropping and searching!  Am I the only one having connectivity issues?

• 1. Re: Galaxy S3 - very weak wireless signal
          JRman

Well known WIFI issues with the Samsung S3

Check the XDA forums.

BIG problems with dual band routers especially

• 2. Re: Galaxy S3 - very weak wireless signal
            trama

Driving from my house I was not able to connect to 4G at all. Even lost signal in a clear street in the middle of DC for ~5 minutes.  Walked to my desk, 4G for 2 minutes, 3G for 5 and now stuck on 1X. I'm on my second SIM card, I'm starting to regret getting this phone.

On top of that, took it off the charger at 7:30 AM, listened to some pandora for about 20 minutes. It is 8:50 AM, phone is hot and I'm down to 75% battery.

• 4. Re: Galaxy S3 - very weak wireless signal
              ClementBPhotography

This past sunday I tried using the hot spot at a starbucks...worked perfectly!  The hot spot was powered by AT&T!

• 5. Re: Galaxy S3 - very weak wireless signal
                ClementBPhotography

@trama,  in the building where I work it's a full metal ceiling so not too many cells work properly but I did notice that my friends GS2 maintained a better all around signal than my GS3!!

• 6. Re: Galaxy S3 - very weak wireless signal
                  JMDL

I don't have any issues connecting to or keeping a strong wifi or 4G signal. Even if it shows me one or two bars I can still download stuff really fast.

• 7. Re: Galaxy S3 - very weak wireless signal
                    wkavan02

Here's one thing you can try:

1. Turn off device
                    2. Remove back cover and take SIM Card and Battery out
                    3. Wait a few minutes
                    4. Replace battery and back cover (but not SIM Card)
                    5. Turn on phone
                    6. When able to, turn phone off again
                    7. Remove back cover and battery
                    8. Replace battery, SIM Card, and back cover
                    9. Turn device back on
                    10. ???
                    11. Profit!

That troubleshooting sequence has helped several SGS3 owners that were experiencing connectivity issues. I hope that it works for you!

• 8. Re: Galaxy S3 - very weak wireless signal
                      Mr.Harris

I've had my S3 for a few days now as a new VZW customer and I must say that the data and wifi connections are horrid for this phone and service. Ever since activation I've only been able to receive 2 bars of 4G service no matter where I am located at in Los Angeles, CA. And this new issue I'm having is the wifi connection. Day one and two I've been able to have 100% wifi connection in my home. Today, I am lucky to even get one bar of wifi. My other GS3 has 100% wifi as well as my laptop and other devices but my particular GS3 doesn't and will lose connection to my modem if I walk 5 ft away from it. The only way to even get one wifi bar is that I have to lay my GS3 directly on top of my modem. Called VZW CS and they're oblivious to this issue and doesn't haven any TS steps but to replace the device. I have tried these TS steps you've provided but still no luck. I might cancel before my trial period is up and honestly, the GS3 is not anywhere near what it's hyped up to be.

• 9. Re: Galaxy S3 - very weak wireless signal
                        Mr.Harris

I've had my S3 for a few days now as a new VZW customer and I must say that the data and wifi connections are horrid for this phone and service. Ever since activation I've only been able to receive 2 bars of 4G service no matter where I am located at in Los Angeles, CA. And this new issue I'm having is the wifi connection. Day one and two I've been able to have 100% wifi connection in my home. Today, I am lucky to even get one bar of wifi. My other GS3 has 100% wifi as well as my laptop and other devices but my particular GS3 doesn't and will lose connection to my modem if I walk 5 ft away from it. The only way to even get one wifi bar is that I have to lay my GS3 directly on top of my modem. Called VZW CS and they're oblivious to this issue and doesn't haven any TS steps but to replace the device. I might cancel before my trial period is up and honestly, the GS3 is not anywhere near what it's hyped up to be.

1 2 3 Previous Next