Bad customer service
nathanc2

About a week ago my phone was turning off randomly.  I went to the Verizon store to see what they could do.  They said they would ship a refurbished one to my house.  Verizon even though they had my current address shipped it to my former address aka my ex fiances house.  I stopped by the Verizo store to find out what happened.  The person informs me some how the shipping address won't change so he sent a message to shipping.  I get my phone 2 days later because I am not home the first day.  This refurbished phone randomly decides to shut down from the network for large chunks of time.  So off to the Verizon store.  They try a few things and nothing works.  So of course they ship me another refurbished phone.  It has been only 30 minutes.  Verizon really needs to allow their stores to have replacement phones in stock.  I was so pissed when they got rid of this in their stores.  Of course Verizon does nothing but apologize about this debacle.  I have been a customer for about 8 years now and I may not renew with Verion.  If apologizes is all they can do then they will not have my money.

0 Likes
Re: Bad customer service
tlangford

The people at the stores are worthless and never the same associates on return visits.  What is going on with them? 

They are the only provider that actually works on in my neighborhood, on my street, in my house.  My house is in the hole of the neighborhood.  I can't switch to another provider until more towers are put up. 

My continued problems have been with the Contacts.  First, any contact added directly on the phone would randomly delete it's self every few days and I'd have to reinstall them.  Then, my contacts were syncing with Microsoft Outlook just fine.  Out of the blue they started copying again and again so I would have the same contact on my phone two or three times.  The local store said to manually delete the extra's from my phone.  Really I said, that's your solution.  What if it happens again.  "Sorry, that's all I can tell you."  So, 2000 contacts later, I was done and went on with business.  Not a week later (this week), the contacts doubled and tripled again.  Knowing what the guy at the store would say, I set out to manually delete the extras again.  Guess what...Microsoft Outlook has zero contacts!  They are all on my phone but won't sync back to Outlook.  Seriously, I have to retype all 2000 contacts into outlook again?  If/when I get this done, I'll turn off the syncing option.   

Terrible phone (Charge) and I too have been a customer for a great number of years.

0 Likes
MankatoMN12
Contributor - Level 2

"Verizon even though they had my current address shipped it to my former address aka my ex fiances house." - Uh huh, that's not true"

Second... complain to the people who make the phone

0 Likes
nathanc2

<Deleted of offensive language> I complained to my carrier who rebuilt the phone.  <Personal attacks are not tolerated.>

<Email address removed.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Unhappy_with_Droid_Ch

First of all I have been a verizon customer for 7-8 years now and I dont replace phones unless they stop working. I signed a new two year contract when I got the Charge in March and now I'm on my third replacement now for the Charge...it is absolutely horrendous!! Customer service reps refuse to help replace the phone with another model. I have only had the phone since March and it has already been replaced 3 times now!! The original one randomly rebooted, the replacement had the screeching noise issue that many have reported, on the next replacement applications hang up and phone shuts down and will not start back up unless I take the battery out and put it back in. Called vzw customer support and talked to a couple of Managers for two hours and they refused to replace the Charge with a better phone. I even said I'm willing to pay a little bit to upgrade - their solution was to pay either $350 for a USED iPhone or $370 for a USED Razr or buy one phone at retail price ranging $500 - $700!! I can cancel the contract and pay $320 and it would cost me less. Customer service is non-existent. After nearly 3 hours of speaking with them last night, they are now sending me another Charge, this will be my fourth one in four months. If this one does not work, I'm reporting Verizon the BBB for predatory practices - tying customers in a contract for crappy devices and refusing to provide any reasonable solutions. And I would rather pay the cancellation fee than stay with a company that absolutely refuses to take care of its customers.

0 Likes
Unhappycustomerneedsh

Verizon customer service isn't very good , I get the feeling they could care less. If you go to the store to complain the CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT goes into your profile and changes some settings or leaves a box unchecked or whatever then probably goes home and tells his friends about his hard day at work.

0 Likes