1 2 3 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2013 5:08 PM by Shorebird103 RSS

Galaxy S3 Bluetooth Problem....

BobbyBaby

Anyone having problems with their bluetooth on the Galaxy S3?  I have a plantronics M1100 that I can no longer give the phone commands through. When I double click it to give a command (eg. Call home) the S voice on the phone turns on wants to know what I want to do.  I have spoken to both Verizon and Samsung Tech Support and they can't figure it out....

• 1. Re: Galaxy S3 Bluetooth Problem....
          Tpop79

I have the same issue, I'm really disappointed with the way Android operating system phones in general handle bluetooth headset calls.  My 15 year old basic phone could handle them without a problem.  When I got my Incredible a few years back it was a nightmare before they final released a few fixes for it.  I hope someone has a work around for this or Samsung will be releasing a fix.

• 2. Re: Galaxy S3 Bluetooth Problem....
            Torres79

Yes, I'm starting to miss my Droid Inc. The GS3 won't auto-connect to my Bluetooth audio in my car using my Blackberry Stereo Gateway. It connects to my car's phone Bluetooth fine, but I have to manually connect the audio profile. Not a huge issue, but my 3 year old phone use to be able to do it, you would think the GS3 would too.

Yes, I have tried to following:

A soft reset, hard reset, unpaired devices, repaired devices, had the phone unlocked mode when turning my car. I notice that when the Bluetooth audio is on, the phone detects it and wants to connect, but then it can't. Something is going awry at this time. I did an internet search and scores of other people are having the same issue with their VZ GS3 phones? ICS update please.

• 3. Re: Galaxy S3 Bluetooth Problem....
              Tpop79

I've found a solution but it is a paid app called Cyberon Voice, $5.99 download on the app store.  It works fantastic, I have a password lock on my phone and am able to connect dial and recieve calls as I SHOULD be able to do with ICS!  It's crazy after shelling out $250 for the latest and greatest phone I then needed to pay to get my bluetooth to work.  FAIL for Android

• 4. Re: Galaxy S3 Bluetooth Problem....
                BobbyBaby

I finally got the bluetooth to work with the galaxy S3. There are settings in Bluetooth that I had missed. The phone also connects with my car Bluetooth... Happy camper as of now....

• 5. Re: Galaxy S3 Bluetooth Problem....
                  urdreamp1971

what are the settings that you missed? this is driving me nuts lol 

• 6. Re: Galaxy S3 Bluetooth Problem....
                    Tpop79

Yes please tell us the settings.  I could connect my headset and receive calls but trying to make an outgoing call with the headset while the phone was locked was a no go.  I would have to unlock the phone by typing in my pin before I could make an outbound call and even then it didn't work that great.

• 7. Re: Galaxy S3 Bluetooth Problem....
                      BobbyBaby

Thigs is what worked for me....turn on phone Bluetooth and headset Bluetooth ....when notification comes up tap on Bluetooth .... Tap the gear on right side and check both call and media audio.....worked for me... Neither Verizon or Samsung were aware of the setting....  Good luck....

• 8. Re: Galaxy S3 Bluetooth Problem....
                        movein

My problem is with a lock screen, hitting the headset of my bluetooth doesn't allow svoice to work. It actually comes on (as I can hear it ding), but it ignores everything I say. I have to unlock the phone and it works great then. I had the evo and evo3d before and never had a problem. It must be because s-voice is an app. Wonder if we can use regular bluetooth calling instead of s-voice? I usually leave my phone in my pocket to make calls, so very frustrating having to unlock the phone first.

• 9. Re: Galaxy S3 Bluetooth Problem....
                          BobbyBaby

On the main screen touch phone ..... Bottom left touch menu....then touch call settings....then accessory settings for call.... Under Bluetooth touch outgoing call conditions...see if the make calls while locked is checked.......

Hope this helps... It worked for me...it still goes through Svoice as far as I can tell...I don't believe the phone has commands that we can talk directly to when using Bluetooth .

Bob

Sent from our iPad2

1 2 3 Previous Next