1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2013 5:34 PM by flyingjunkie RSS

Galaxy S3- no internet?

Got my device powered up fine, I can call and send/receive texts, but I can't get a data connection so no internet. Anyone else having this issue? Seems like all the right boxes are checked in my wireless settings so I have no idea what else to do...

• 1. Re: Galaxy S3- no internet?

New activation with a new SIM card?

If yes, it might take a few hours before the activation is fully complete.

• 2. Re: Galaxy S3- no internet?

Several people have been encountering similar data connection problems. If you just recently activated your phone, it may take some time (some have been reporting hours) before it picks up a 3G or 4G data connection.

• 3. Re: Galaxy S3- no internet?

I received my Galaxy S III on Tuesday, it is now Thursday, I can make/receive calls/texts, connect wi-fi, go to the play store, but I am having internet issues. It connects fine, but when I try to go to a link or picture it freezes my phone for 2 mins and then says internet not responding and goes to the home page. I did use the sim card out of my old phone, but this isnt hours as stated above, or what Verizon reps told me, this has been 2 days. I paid for a 600.00 phone that is supposed to be better than anything out there, but my old stratosphere was doing just fine on the net. Maybe I should of stayed with that. Now the Verizon reps are telling me because it was a pre order I dont have the 14 days to return it. I tried contacting Samsung, all they said was to clear the cache and the history. (yea like I didnt try those the first thing) I also thought it was the browser, so I went to Dolphin HD, but it didnt matter, same thing.

• 4. Re: Galaxy S3- no internet?

I got mine Tuesday, today (Friday) driving from my house I was not able to connect to 4G at all. Even lost signal in a clear street in the middle of DC for ~5 minutes.  Locked back on to 3G the entire ride (~30 minutes). Walked to my desk, 4G for 2 minutes, 3G for 5 and now stuck on 1X. I'm on my second SIM card, I'm starting to regret getting this phone. Mind you the same spot that is now 1X, I was getting 4G LTE for 2 minutes, now it cant find the signal. This thing is ticking me off, I am already on a second SIM card, thought the first one might be the issue.

• 5. Re: Galaxy S3- no internet?
                  Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Having your phone freeze when trying to access a link or picture is frustrating and I want help get this resolved.

Does this happen every time you access a link or picture? Try removing the SIM card for a minute and retest.

Also, let's make sure a 3rd party app downloaded on the phone isn't causing this issue. Place the phone in Safe mode and retest.

To enable:

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
                  2. Press and hold the Power button until the Samsung logo appears then release.
                  3. With the Samsung logo on-screen, press and hold the Volume down key.
                  4. Continue to hold the Volume down key until Safe mode appears in the lower-left of the unlock screen then release. This may take up to 45 seconds.

To disable:

1. Press and hold the Power button.
                  2. Select Restart.
                  3. Select OK.

If the issue stops while in safe mode than the problem is being caused by a 3rd party app. You will need to uninstall these apps and reinstall them one at a time to determine which one is causing the issue.

Keep me posted if you need further assistance.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

• 6. Re: Galaxy S3- no internet?

Coming from an HTC Thunderbolt, I can say that the data radios on this phone suck.  I used to get solid data connection sitting at my desk with my Tbolt and could stream Pandora, etc. on that phone but with the SIII there's no chance of streaming anything.  Sad, sad, sad.

Also, the Wi-fi connection on this phone sucks.  Sitting side by side with my Tbolt at home and the Tbolt will have solid Wifi connection and the SIII won't be able to even detect my router. 

• 7. Re: Galaxy S3- no internet?

Yes, everytime I access a link or pic. I took out the sim card, left it

out for 5 mins. Then tried it in safe mode, still had the problem in

safe mode.

• 8. Re: Galaxy S3- no internet?

I was wondering if anyone found a solution for this problem.  My S3 worked fine for the first two weeks.  I can still make calls, text, connect to wifi and playstore - but  when I try to use anything like youtube or facebook it just constatnly loads or doesn't load at all.  My 14 days ended yesterday and it started messing up today!!  - I was on the phone with verizon for over an hour and they were no help.  WHAT THE HECK!! 

• 9. Re: Galaxy S3- no internet?
                          Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Hello Amae19,  Let's get your data connection working the way it should!  Is this only happening in Facebook and Youtube?  Are you able to access the browser?  Have you tested other data processes like email or Navigation?  Have you recently installed any new applications?  I would be happy to help get you back in action!

Thank you,

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

1 2 Previous Next