3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2009 11:51 PM by nmchileman RSS

GM employee discount

FLBmom

Does anyone know if I can get my GM employee discount if I purchase phone and plan through circuitcity.com or walmart.com? I can get all 4 of my phones for free as opposed to $300 if I buy at Verizon store. I am already getting the discount and it's time for new phones and new 2-year contract.

• 1. Re: GM employee discount
          nmchileman

3rd party resellers or indirect agents such as Walmart will not honor your employee discount for phones or accessories. However, if you're eligible for an upgrade then you don't need your employee disocunt to buy phones from them. You can just upgrade and you'll keep your existing phone numbers, plan details etc.

• 2. Re: GM employee discount
            FLBmom

Thanks for your reply. Does that mean that I can buy my verizon phones on walmart.com as an upgrade (verizon told me all of my phones are eligible as my contract is up in less than 2 months) and my current contract with my gm employee discount will be extended 2 years?

• 3. Re: GM employee discount
              nmchileman

FLBmom wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Does that mean that I can buy my verizon phones on walmart.com as an upgrade (verizon told me all of my phones are eligible as my contract is up in less than 2 months) and my current contract with my gm employee discount will be extended 2 years?

That is correct. Just make sure you read the fine print when it comes to dealing with an indirect agent. They have their own policies for returning/exchanging the equipment that may/may not be different than VZW's own policies.

Good luck!