4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2012 4:30 PM by danny0942 RSS

Screen lock reset

amy43

Does anyone know how to reset the screen lock password? My daughter has forgotten her pass code and now she cannot open her phone...Please help!!!!!

Thanks

• 1. Re: Screen lock reset
          Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Hi, amy43-

I'm happy to help with the device screen lock! After several failed attempts to unlock the device it will ask for the Google/Gmail password to unlock the phone. If she has also forgotten the Gmail password, she can go to gmail.com from a computer and click 'Can't access account' to be given the option to reset the password there. Then she'll be able to enter it on the phone too. Keep me posted.

Thank you,
          AdamE_VZW
          Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

• 2. Re: Screen lock reset
            Jen2c

My sons Pantech is locked as well but he cant log into his email since he forgot that password too.

• 3. Re: Screen lock reset
              Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Hey Jen2c,

Oh no! I am sorry to hear that your son is locked out of his phone. I know it tough to remember all the passwords nowadays so I understand how he feels. If you are locked out and you can't remember the password, you will have to reset the phone. You can try the password recovery through Google here http://bit.ly/RpWV4W and hopefully you can then use that password to get in. If that doesn't work, please reach out to us again!

Thanks!
              MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

• 4. Re: Screen lock reset
                danny0942

I have a samsung galaxy, I placed it in my pocket without locking it. when I pulled it out of my pocket the lock was on and I had never set a password. after several attempts to unlock the "all data will be wiped" message came up. how do I get into my phone