Contact pictures missing from HTC message app
junebug8

I'm hoping someone can help me.  My phone did a system update around 3:00am and now, when I open my message app, all my contact pictures have disappeared, it's just that gray no contact picture.  I've tried reloading the pictures, cleared data, cleared cache and they are still missing.  But, when I open a specific message, the picture shows up.  I don't know what else to do.  Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Contact pictures missing from HTC message app
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How were the pictures linked to your contacts? Facebook or Gmail or manually added?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
junebug8

Manually added through contacts.  The pictures are still in contacts and they still show when I open the message.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is a little bit strange. I'm stumped.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
junebug8

It makes absolutely no sense.  They were fine yesterday then my phone updated and they are gone. 

0 Likes
RainMan_JH

Just as an FYI I am having the same issues.  The messaging app was fine and then after the upgrade I no longer have contact pictures showing in the messaging list.  Seems like a silly thing to miss to me before sending out an update.

0 Likes
dmvcomics

Just wanted to throw my name into the mix of people running into the same error.  Hoping we get some sort of resolution...

0 Likes
jakes230

I also had the same issue.  My wife and I both have the Incredible 2, and after the update we both immediately noticed the lack of photos in the messaging app.  Within each conversation the photo still appears, but not in the list of messages.  I hope Verizon can fix this issue soon.  Next time I will wait to download the update.

0 Likes
junebug8

My phone automatically downloaded this update.  I hope they resolve this quickly, this is really stupid!

0 Likes
rcmurray

I have the same problem.  Happened right after the update!

0 Likes