It appears that this promo is still active: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/referaFriend.jsp
If your son in law is getting an employee discount, then you would not be eligible for the referral card - it's spelled out in the Eligibility details below, copied from the website.
Once your friend signs up for Verizon Wireless, ask them for their new phone number and submit a referral. In order to get your $25 Verizon Wireless Rewards Visa Debit Card:
- Your friend's service must have been activated within the last 90 days, and must remain active for at least 31 days
- Each account must be in good payment standing
- Your friends can't be receiving any discounts on his/her monthly access or other promotions (you may need to confirm this information with your friend before submitting a referral)
- The line of service you refer cannot be part of your account.
- You can only get up to 5 Rewards in a 12-month period.
I hope this was resolved for you. I referred my sister back in October of 2014 and still have not had any luck. I keep getting the run around about the $25 gift card. First I was told she had to have service for 30 days then when she was given a temporary # until her # was ported and then it told me it was rejected because it was a prepaid # which it is not. And then it says time had expired because too much time has passed. Sounds like a scam to me. Not sure I will make anymore referrals.
<< This thread has been locked due to the age of the original post. >>